Government & Politics
Members of Parliament
Parliament and the Citizen
Parliament and the
Top : Parliamentary Government : Australia
- Asche, Austin. "Parliamentary Democracy: Checks and Balances." Australasian Parliamentary Review 19 (Spring 2004): 139-143.
- Kwan, Elizabeth. "National Parliament, National Symbols: From British to Australian Identity." National Parliament, National Symbols: Papers on Parliament Canberra: Parliament House 47 (July 2007): 105-123.
- Middleton, Karen. "Piranhas in the Parliament" National Parliament, National Symbols: Papers on Parliament Canberra: Parliament House 47 (July 2007): 57-72.
- Prasser, Scott. "Providing Advice to Government." Images, Colours and Reflections: Papers on Parliament Canberra: Parliament House 46 (December 2006): 21-44.
- van Onselen, Peter. "Bicameralism and Representation: Partisanship and Party Expectations." (Paper presented to the Australasian Political Association Conference. University of Adelaide.) Speech (September 29 - October 1, 2004): 22p.
- Weller, Patrick. "Parlimentary Democracy in Australia." Parliamentary Affairs 57 (July 2004): 630-645.
- Williams, George. "The Role of Parliament Under an Australian Charter of Human Rights." Republics, Citizenship, and Parliament: Papers on Parliament Canberra: Parliament House 51 (July 2009): 49-60.
- "Parliamentary Education: The State of Play in Australia." Table 62 (1994): 71-81.
- "Australia: Commonwealth Powers." The Table 11 (1942): 142-200.
- "Australian Political Institutions." Constitutional and Parliamentary Information 112 (1977): 186-188.
- "Ordinary Annual Services of the Government." Parliamentary Paper 130 (1976).
- "Place of Parliament in Evaluation of Government Activity." Legislative Studies Newsletter 2 (February 1981): 7.
- "Service of Process within the Precints of Parliament." The Table 32 (1963): 54-64.
- An Introduction to the Australian Federal Parliament. Sydney: Angus and Robertson, 1959.
- Parliament: The Vision in Hindsight. Edited by Geoffrey Lindell and Robert Bennett. Sydney: Federation Press, 2001.
- Association of Secretaries General of Parliaments. "Report on Parliamentary Incompatibility." Constitutional andParliamentary Information 12 (1952): 222-234.
- Australia. Department of the Senate. Views of Parliamentary Democracy. Canberra: Department of the Senate, 1994.
- Australia. Department of the Senate. Research Section. Questions and Answers on the Commonwealth Parliament. 3rd ed. Canberra: Depatment of the Senate, 1993.
- Australia. Departments of the House of Representatives and the Senate. The Commonwealth Parliament. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1987.
- Australia. Parliamentary Education Office. Parliament Decides: A Legislative Role-play Debate in the Senate. Canberra: Parliamentary Education Office, 1991.
- Bach, Stanley. "A Delicate Balance: The Accidental Genius of Australian Politics." In Bicameralism and Accountability: Lectures in the Senate Occasional Lecture Series, 2002-2003. Papers on Parliament No. 40, December 2003: 39-63.
- Barwick, Garfield. "Barwick on Parliament, Law and Rubber Stamps". Australian Constitutional Monarchy 2 (June 1994) 6+.
- Barwick, Garfield. "Parliamentary Democracy in Australia: Some Supplementary Thoughts." Samuel Griffith Society. Conference. Proceedings 7 (1996): 241-248.
- Beasley, F. R. "The Parliament of the Commonwealth." In Essays on the Australian Constitution. Edited by RaeElse- Mitchell. 2nd ed. Sydney: Law Book Company, 1961, pp. 63-68.Law: KU1750 .E87 1961
- Beazley, Kim E.,et al. "The Role of the Opposition." In Australian Parliamentary Seminar, 1st, Canberra.Parliamentary Paper 283 (1972).
- Bicameralism: Without a Second Chamber, is Parliamentary Democracy Doomed?" Parliamentarian 73 (January 1992): 56-58.
- Black, John; Macklin, Michael and Puplick, Chris. "How Parliament Works in Practice." Papers on Parliament 14 (February 1992): 1-19.
- Bland, Francis A. "The Decline of Parliament." Australian Liberal, April 1959, p.7.
- Bland, Francis A. "The Working of Parliamentary Government in Australia." In Parliamentary Government in theCommonwealth. Edited by Sydney D. Bailey. London: Hansard Society, 1951, pp. 73-82.JN248 .B15
- Bland, Francis A. "Working of Parliamentary Government in Australia." Parliamentary Affairs 4 (Winter 1950): 73-83.
- Blick, Bill et al. Parliament: Achievements and Challenges. Canberra: Department of the Senate, 1992.
- Brett, Judith. "Parliament, Meetings and Civil Society." In Parliament and Public Opinion: Lectures in the Senate Occasional Lecture Series 2000-2001, Papers on Parliament No. 38, April 2002, pp. 141-158. Canberra: Department of the Senate, 2002.
- Browning, Alan R. The Mace: A Brief History of the Mace and Its Use in the House of Commons, the House ofthe Australian Representatives, States, and the Territory of Papua New Guinea. Canberra: Australian GovernmentPublishing Service, 1970.
- Button, John N. "A Part-time Parliament." Dissent 34 (Winter 1976): 24-27.
- Button, John N. "Federal Parliament: Decision Making in a Bizarre Working Environment." In Australian Politics: AFifth Reader. Edited by Henry Mayer and Helen Nelson. Melbourne: Cheshire, 1980, pp. 223-226.
- Campbell, Enid M. "The Penal Jurisdiction of Australian Houses of Parliament." Sydney Law Review 4 (March1963): 212-226.
- Carter, John. "Dull and Boring?: Not if They Can Help it." Parliamentarian 74 (April 1993): 97-99.
- Carter, John. "Parliamentary Education and Parliamentary Culture." Legislative Studies 10 (Autumn 1996): 4-8.
- Carter, John. "Parliamentary Education: the State of Play in Australia." Table 62 (January 1994): 71-81.
- Chaney, Fred. "Parliament: Our Great Expectations." Papers on Parliament 23 (September 1994): 81-106.
- Chapman, H. S. Parliamentary Government: Responsible Ministries for the Australian Colonies. Hobart Town:Pratte, 1854.
- Chapman, Ralph. Goodbye Westminster?; A Small State Perspective on Changing Political Institutions. Address to the Australasian Study of Parliament Group, 20th Annual Conference 'Parliament Beyond 2000 One House or Two?, Hobart, 18 September 1998: 17p.
- Christie, Vernon. "The Departments of Parliament and How They Operate." In Conference of Presiding Officers andClerks, 3rd, Melbourne. Parliamentary Paper 153 (1970).
- Clayton, Alan. "A Neutralized Role for Parliament." Checkpoint 2 (November 1969): 27-28, 30-32.
- Cocks, Barnett. "Parliamentary Governments." In Parliamentary Seminar, 22nd, London, l973, pp. 1-5.
- Coghill, Ken. "Parliament as a Court." Legislative Studies 9 (Autumn 1995): 33-38.
- Coghill, Ken. "Parliament in a Fuzzy Democracy." Australasian Parliamentary Review 17,1 (Autumn 2002): 97-108.
- Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. "Parliament and the Scruting of Science Policy: The Report of a StudyGroup." Parliamentarian 62 (October 1981): 251-276.
- Cong, Peiwu. "Foreign Affairs and Parliament: China and Australia Compared." Legislative Studies 2,1 (Spring 1996): 55-67.
- Cope. R.L. "The Wettenhall Contention: Some Notes on the Study of Parliament in Australia." 12 (Spring 1997): 1-18.
| Home |
Last Updated: 20-May-2010
Questions and comments:
Copyright 1999, The Trustees of