Government & Politics
Members of Parliament
Parliament and the Citizen
Parliament and the
Top : Parliamentary Government : Australia : Page 2
- Cormack, Magnus C. "The Standing of Parliament in the Commonwealth of Australia." Parliamentarian 57 (July1976): 168-173.
- Cowen, Zelman. "Parliamentary Sovereignty and the Limits of Legal Change." Australian Law Journal 26 (September1952): 237-239.
- Cranwell, Glen. "The Case of Parliamentary Approval of Treaties in Australia." E-Law: Murdoch University Electronic Journal of Law 8 (December 2001): 19p.
- Crisp, Leslie F. The Parliamentary Government of the Commonwealth of Australia. London: Longmans, 1949.JQ4018 .C9
- Curtin, John. "The Decline of Parliamentary Government - A Protest." Australian Quarterly 10 (June 1938): 5-9.
- Davis, Glyn, Bill Scales, Alice Ling and Roger Wilkins. "Rethinking Caretaker Conventions for Australian Governments." Australian Journal of Public Administration 60 (September 2001): 11-26.
- Dodson, Louise. "The Levers of Power: How Canberra Runs and the People who Run it." Australian Financial Review (May 1999): 1-8.
- Donahoe, Arthur R. "The Value of Parliament." Australasian Parliamentary Review 17,1 (Autumn 2002): 109-118.
- Eastwood, Ken. "Parliament and the People." Australian Geographic (July-September 2001): 44-55.
- Edwards, John E. Parliament and How It Works: A Simple Account of Our Parliamentary System, With SomePersonal Reminiscences. 6th ed. Canberra: s.n., 1949.
- Ellis, Ulrich R. "Parliament at Work." Australia Today (1957): 8-21.
- Emy, Hugh V. "The Functions of Parliament." In The Politics of Australian Democracy. Melbourne: Macmillan,1978, pp.382-400.JQ4015 1978 .E49 1978
- Encel, Solomon, et al. "Papers on Commonwealth Machinery of Government." Public Administration 17 (December1958): 288-292.
- Evans, Harry. "Essentials of Republican Legislatures: Distributed Majorities and Legislative Control." Legislative Studies 8 (Autumn 1994): 14-18.
- Evans, Harry. "Parliament: An Unreformable Institution?" Papers on Parliament 18 (December 1992): 21-36.
- Evans, Harry. "The Parliamentary System of Australia." Constitutional and Parliamentary Information 168 (1995): 167-175.
- Evans, Harry. "Australia and the Westminster System." The Table 50 (1982): 48-51.
- Evans, Harry. "Questioning the Tyranny: The British Heritage in Australia's System of Government." Quadrant 27(April 1983): 70-73.
- Evans, Harry. Constitutional Safeguards, Bicameralism, Small Jurisdictions and Tasmania. Address to the Australasian Study of Parliament Group, 20th Annual Conference 'Parliament Beyond 2000 One House or Two?', Hobart, 19 September 1998: 6p.
- Fiddes, George V. "Australasia." In Dominions and Colonial Offices. New York: Putnam, 1926, pp.195-208.JV1043 .F4
- Fristacky, Jackie M. Penal Powers of Parliament-Politics or Justice. Melbourne: s.n., 1975.
- Galligan, Brian. "An Elected Senate for Canada? The Australian Model." Journal of Canadian Studies 20 (Winter 1985/1986): 77-98.
- Gifford, Kenneth H., and Gifford, G. J. How to Understand an Act of Parliament. Sydney: Law Book Company, 1991.
- Gilchrist, Michael. "The Declining Status of Parliament." Social Survey 24 (May 1975): 105-108.
- Graycar, Adam, and Davis, Joanne. "Parliament and Social Innovation." Australian Quarterly 50 (March 1978):80-94.
- Gullett, H. B. "Parliamentary Government in Australia." In Forces in Australian Politics. Edited by John Wilkes.Sydney: Angus and Robertson, 1963, pp.78-119.JQ4015 1966 .A938
- Handley, Robin. "Keeping People Away from Parliament" Legal Service Bulletin 12 (February 1987): 25-27.
- Hardgrave, Gary. "Striking a Balance Between Rights and Responsibilites." Parliamentarian 81, 3 (2000): 260-262.
- Harvey, Elizabeth. The Glasshouse Effect: Parliament House Stories. Canberra: Elizabeth Harvey, 1991.
- Hawker, Geoffrey N. "Parliament: Some Emerging Issues." In Working Papers on Parliament. Canberra: CanberraCollege of Advanced Education, 1979, pp. 1-16.
- Hawker, Geoffrey N., et al. Working Papers on Parliament. Canberra: Canberra College of Advanced Education,1979.
- Henderson, Paul. Parliament and Politics in Australia: Political Institutions and Foreign Relations. Sydney:Heinemann, 1981.
- Holgate, Harold N. "Parliament's Public Relations." In Conference of Presiding Officers and Clerks, 7th, Rarotonga.Parliamentary Paper 24 (1977).
- Hornsby, Richard. "Improving the Efficiency of Parliament." In Commonwealth Conference, 20th, Colombo, 1974,pp.477-493.
- Humblet, Francis. "Report on Parliamentary Incompatibility." Constitutional and Parliamentary Information 12(1972): 222-234.
- Jha, Jatadhar. "Unanswered Parliamentary Questions: Problems and Remedies." Journal of Constitutional andParliamentary Studies 11 (April/June 1977): 41-46.
- Jones, Athol. "The Machinery of Parliament." In ABC of Politics. 3rd ed. Melbourne: Cassell, 1978, pp.319-331.
- Kelly, Lawrence B. "The Bicameral Parliament." In Australian Parliamentary Seminar, 3rd, Sydney. ParliamentaryPaper 63 (1977).
- Kerin, John. "Parliament in Contemporary Society." In Australian Politics: A Fourth Reader. Edited by Henry Mayerand Helen Nelson. Melbourne: Cheshire, 1976, pp. 384-386.JQ4015 1977 .A87
- Killen, Denis J. Is Parliament Irrelevant? Albot Park, Vic.: Alfred Deakin Lecture Trust, 1975.
- Knight, John, and Hudson, W. J. Parliament and Foreign Policy. Canberra: Department of International Relations,Australian National University and Australian Institute of International Affairs, 1983.
- Lane, Patrick H. "The Federal Parliament's External Affairs Power: Koowarta's Case." Australian Law Journal 56(October 1982): 519-523.
- Lane, Patrick H. "The Federal Parliament's External Affairs Power: The Tasmanian Dam Case." Australian LawJournal 57 (October 1983): 554-559.
- Laucke, Condor L. "The Administation of the Parliament." Australian Parliamentary Seminar, 5th, 1980, pp.7-42.
- Lonie, John, and Playford, John. "Parliamentary Cretinism?" Politics 8 (May 1973): 152-168.
- Mackintosh, John P. "Improving the Parliamentary System." In Parliamentary Seminar, 22nd, London, 1973,pp.86-89.
- Mallory, J. R. "Politics by Other Means: The Courts and the Westminster Model in Australia." Journal ofCommonwealth and Comparative Studies 17 (March 1979): 3-20.
- Mathews, Race. "Mr. Kennett's Contempt: The Parliamentary Superannuation Ultimatum Affair of May, 1991." AQ 73, 3 (May-June 2001): 7-14.
- McMullin, Alister M. Introduction to the Australian Federal Parliament. Sydney: Angus and Robertson, 1959.
- Miller, John D. B. "Parliamentary Government in Australia." Parliamentary Affairs 2 (Summer 1949): 245-258.
| Home |
Last Updated: 20-May-2010
Questions and comments:
Copyright 1999, The Trustees of