Government & Politics
Members of Parliament
Parliament and the Citizen
Parliament and the
Top : Parliamentary Government : General
- Australia Parliament Guide USA: Intl Business Pubns, 2007.
- Halligan, John, Robin Miller, and John Power. Parliament in the Twenty-First Century: Institutional Reform and Emerging Roles. Vic: Melbourne University Publishing, 2007.
- Halligan, John. Parliament in the Twenty-First Century: Institutional Reform and Emerging Roles Carlton, Vic.: Melbourne University Publishing, 2007.
- Jona, Walter. People, Parliament and Politics. Croydon, Vic.: Tertiary Press, 2006.
- Kemp, Rod, and Marion Stanton. Speaking for Australia: Parliamentary Speeches That Shaped the Nation. Australia: Allen & Unwin, 2005.
- Orr, Graeme. "Government Advertising: Parliament and Political Equality." Images, Colours and Reflections: Papers on Parliament Canberra: Parliament House 46 (December 2006): 1-20.
- Stapenhurst, Rick, Niail Johnston, and Riccardo Pelizzo, eds. The Role of Parliaments in Curbing Corruption. Washington, DC: World Bank, 2006.
- Constitutions, Rights and Democracy: Past, Present and Future. Canberra: Department of the Senate, 1995.
- Adams, John C. The Quest for Democratic Law: The Role of Parliament in the Legislative Process. New York:Crowell, 1970.JF511 .A314
- Baaklin, Abdo I., and Heaphey, James J., eds. Comparative Legislative Reforms and Innovations. Albany:Comparative Development Studies Center, State University of New York at Albany, 1977.JF501 .C65
- Bailey, Sydney D., ed. Parliamentary Government in the Commonwealth. London: Hansard Society, 1951.JN248 .B15
- Bishop, Patrick. "Democratic Equivocations: Who Wants What, When and How?" In Senate Envy, Papers on Parliament No. 39 (December 2002): 39-52.
- Blondel, Jean. "The Future of Legislatures." Focus 5 (September 1975): 1-17.
- Blondel, Jean. Comparative Legislatures. Englewood Cliffs, N. J.: Prentice-Hall, 1973.JF501 .B654
- Brennan, Geoffrey; Hamlin, Alan. "Rationalising Parliamentary Systems." Australian Journal of Political Science 28 (November 1993): 443-457.
- Commonwealth Parliamentary Association. Commonwealth and Parliamentary Democracy. London: Headquarters Secretariat, 1994.
- Cotta, Maurizio. "A Structural Functional Framework for the Analysis of Unicameral and Bicameral Parliaments."European Journal of Political Science 2 (September 1974): 201-224.
- Denning, Warren E. Inside Parliament. Sydney: Australian Publishing Company, 1946.JQ4054 .D4
- Dike, C. "The Case Against Parliamentary Sovereignty." Public Law 21 (1976): 288-297.
- Evans, Harry. "Parliament and Extra-parliamentary Accountability Institutions." Australian Journal of Public Administration 58, 1 (March 1999): 87-89.
- Fazal, M. "Entrenched Rights and the Parliamentary Sovereignty." Public Law 19 (1974): 295-315.
- Finer, Herman. "The Legislature." In The Theory and Practice of Modern Government. London: Metheun, 1962, pp.369-572.
- Fitzgerald, Fergus N. Too Much Government: A Bid to Rescue Parliamentary Democracy. Dublin: Able Press,1982.
- Gordon, C. A. S. S. "Westminster and Other Parliaments: Some Comparisons." In Parliamentary Course, 16th.London, 1967, pp. 10-15.
- Herman, Valentine. "Who Legislates in the Modern World?" Parliamentarian 57 (April 1976): 93-99.
- Hewitt, Eric E. Cameral Government: Unicameral and Bicameral Legislatures. Melbourne: Viridia Books, l992.
- Hirsch, Herbert, and Hancock, Donald M. Comparative Legislative Systems: A Reader in Theory and Research.New York: Free Press, 1971.JF502 .H669
- Hocking, Brian L. "Looking at Legislatures: Transformation or Decline?" Politics 13 (November 1978): 248-261.
- Humblet, Francis. "Bicameral Parliaments." Constitutional and Parliamentary Information 68 (1966): 197-233.
- Inter-Parliamentary Union. Who Legislates in the Modern World? Geneva: Inter-Parliamentary Union, 1976.
- Kramer, Daniel C. "Courts, Legislatures, and Social Reform: A Comparative Study." Comparative Politics 4 (January1972): 251- 268.
- Lees-Smith, Hastings B. Second Chambers in Theory and Pratice. London: Allen and Unwin, 1923.JF541 .L4
- Loewenberg, Gerhard, and Patterson, Samuel C. Comparing Legislatures. Boston: Little, Brown, 1979.JF501 .L63
- Loewenberg, Gerhard. Modern Parliaments: Change or Decline? Chicago: Aldine-Atherton, 1971.JF511 .L827
- Maddox, Graham. Australian Democracy in Theory and Practice. 2nd ed. Melbourne: Longman Cheshire, 1991. 478p.
- Magarey, Kirsty. "The Internet and Australian Parliamentary Democracy." Parliamentary Affairs 52, 3 (July 1999): 404-429.
- Marshall, Geoffrey. Parliamentary Sovereignty and the Commonwealth. London: Oxford University Press, 1957.JN555 .M36
- McLean, Sen P. "Towards Better Parliamentary Education." Legislative Studies 5 (Autumn 1990): 14-15.
- Mezey, Michael L. Comparative Legislatures. Durham, N. C.: Duke University Press, 1979.JF501 .L63
- O'Keeffe, Peter. "Towards a Better Parliamentary Education." Legislative Studies 5,1 (Autumn 1990): 18-24.
- Ornstein, Norman J., ed. The Role of the Legislature in Western Democracies. Washington: American EnterpriseInstitute for Public Policy Research, 1981.JF511 .R63
- Reid, Gordon S., and Martyn Forrest. Australia's Commonwealth Parliament, 1901-1988: Ten Perspectives. Carlton, Victoria: Melbourne University Press, 1989. 572p. KU2183 .R45 1989
- Ryan, Mick. "Too Much Study of Parliament?" Political Quarterly 51 (April/June 1980): 223-226.
- Rydon, Joan. A Federal Legislature: The Australian Commonwealth Parliament, 1901-1980. Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1986. 290p. JQ4054 .R92 1986
- Shakdher, S. L. The Commonwealth Parliaments. 2nd ed. New Dehli: Luk Sabha Secretariat, 1976.JN248 .C564
- Smith, Rodney. "Australian Solitudes: Citizens, Parliamentary Party Politics, Corruption Agencies and Political Ethics." Legislative Studies 14, 1 (Spring 1999): 34-46.
- Snedden, Billy M. "The Working of the Westminster Model." In Conference of Commonwealth Speakers andPresiding Officers, 5th, Canberra, 1978, pp. 81-110.
- Solomon, David H. The People's Palace: Parliament in Modern Australia. Carlton, Victoria: Melbourne University Press, 1986. 194p. JQ4056 .S65 1986
- Souter, Gavin. Acts of Parliament: A Narrative History of the Senate and House of Representatives, Commonwealth of Australia. Carlton, Victoria: Melbourne University Press, 1988. 658p. JQ4054. S68 1988
| Home |
Last Updated: 20-May-2010
Questions and comments:
Copyright 1999, The Trustees of