Government & Politics
Members of Parliament
Parliament and the Citizen
Parliament and the
Top : Prime Ministers : General
- Bateman, Joel. "Australian Prime Ministers and Deposition: John Gorton and Bob Hawke Compared." (Paper presented to the Australasian Political Associatino Conference. University of Adelaide.) Speech (September 29 - October 1, 2004): 18p.
- Curran, James. The Power of Speech: Australian Prime Ministers Defining the National Image. Carlton, Vic.: Melbourne University Press 2004.
- Stewart, Cameron. "Command and Control. Is Kevin Rudd the most Powerful PM in Australian History?" Weekend Australian Magazine (November 7, 2009): 10p.
- Wall, Peter. "The Rudd Factor: Will it be Enough?" AQ: Australian Quarterly 79 (Septermber-October 2007): 9-11.
- "Our Prime Ministers: From Barton to Fraser." Bulletin, July 2, 1977, pp. 45-658.
- Alexander, Frederick. From Curtin to Menzies and After: Continuity or Confrontation? Melbourne: Nelson,1973.
- Australia. Parliamentary Education Office. Prime Ministers of Australia. Canberra: Australian Government Publishing Service, 1994.
- Blewett, Neal... [et al]. "Australian Prime Minsiters: a Discussion." Sydney Papers 13, 1 (Summer 2001): 41-56.
- Brodie, Scott. Statesmen, Leaders and Losers. Sydney: Dreamweaver, 1984.
- Broinowski, R. A. "The First Five Prime Ministers of Australia." Royal Australian Historical Society Journal 35, 2 (1949): 81-115.
- Broinowski, Robert. "The First Four Prime Ministers." Australasian Parliamentary Review 16, 1 (Autumn 2001): 184-188.
- Brown, Wallace. "Prime Ministers: The Magnificent Seven (and the Other Three)." Online Opinion (14 January 2003): 3p.
- Buchanan, A. "Four Prime Ministers." [Barton, Deakin, Watson, Reid] In The Real Australia. London: Unwin, 1907, Chapter XII.
- Byfield, C. C. Prime Ministers of Australia, 1901-1904: A Portrait Gallery of Leaders of the Nation. Canberra:Marcol Publications, 1984.
- Byfield, C. C. Prime Ministers of Australia, 1901-1904: A Portrait Gallery of Leaders of the Nation. Hughes, ACT: Marcol Publications, 1984.
- Campbell. Colin and John Halligan. Political Leadership in an Age of Constraint: The Australian Experience. Pittsburgh: University of Pittsburgh Press, 1992. 276p. JQ4041 .C36 1992
- Carroll, Brian. From Barton to Fraser: Every Australian Prime Minister. Melbourne: Cassell, 1978.
- Carroll, Brian. From Barton to Fraser: Every Australian Prime Minister. Stanmore, NSW: Cassell Australia, 1978.
- Chamberlain, Frank. Prime Ministers Today and Yesterday: A Series of 14 Weekly Lectures. Canberra: Centerfor Continuing Education, Australian National University, 1976.
- Cumes, James. "Prime Ministers: From Lyons to Howard Forms a Complete Circle." Online Opinion (20 January 2003): 4p.
- Daly, Fred. From Curtin to Kerr. Melbourne: Sun Books, 1977.
- Davis, Glyn and Weller, Patrick. Menzies to Keating: The Development of the Australian Prime Ministership. Carlton, Victoria: Melbourne University Press, 1992.
- Day, David. "Curtin as Hero." Sydney Papers 12, 2 (Autumn 2000): 61-67.
- Deveson, Ivan. "If I were Prime Minister." (Series of two parts) National Business Bulletin 2 (December 1992): 20-25., 3 (March 1993): 17-20.
- Downer, Alexander. Six Prime Ministers. Melbourne: Hill of Content, 1982.DU117.17 .D68 1982
- Edwards, Peter G. Prime Ministers and Diplomats: The Making of Australian Foreign Policy 1901-49. Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1983. 240p. DU116.18 .E38 1983
- Edwards, Peter G. Prime Ministers and Diplomats: The Making of Australian Foreign Policy, 1901-1949.Melbourne: Oxford University Press, 1983.DU116.18 .E38 1983
- Fricke, Graham. Profiles of Power: The Prime Ministers of Australia. Knoxfield, Victoria: Houghton Mifflin Australia, 1990.
- Gorton, John. "Prime Ministers on Prime Ministers Lecture Series, 3rd Lecture." [Old Parliament House, Canberra] Speech, 12 November 1997: 16p.
- Grattan, Michelle, ed. Australian Prime Ministers. Frenches Forest, NSW: New Holland Publishers, 2000.
- Hawke, Bob. "Prime Ministers on Prime Ministers Lecture Series, 5th Lecture." [Old Parliament House, Canberra, 5th March 1998] Speech, 5 March 1998: 13 p.
- Hetherington, Mollie. Famous Australians. rev. ed. Richmond: Hutchinson, 1983.
- Hughes, Colin A. "Australian Prime Ministers." Current Affairs Bulletin 48 (June 1971): 2-16.
- Hughes, Colin A. Mr. Prime Minister: Australian Prime Ministers, 1901-1972. Melbourne: Oxford UniversityPress, 1976.DU116.2 .A2H89
- Johnston, Robert. Australian Prime Ministers. Melbourne: Nelson, 1976.
- MacCallum, Mungo. "2001 Federation Series: Part 2: Prime Time: The 25 Men who've Led our Nation." Australian Geographic 62 (Apr-June 2001): 74-89.
- Makin, Norman. Federal Labour Leaders. Sydney: Union Printing Pty Ltd, 1961.
- McAllister, Ian. "Prime Ministers, Opposition Leaders and Government Popularity in Australia." Australian Journal of Political Science 38 (July 2003): 259-277.
- McGuinness, Padraic P. "Best and Worst of Australian PMs." Sydney Morning Herald (January 6, 2001): 19.
- Miller, T. B. "The Australian Prime Minister in Foreign Affairs." Diplomacy and Statecraft 3 (November 1992): 404-438.
- Moorhouse, Frank. "The Prime Movers." Bulletin (1 February 2000): 32-33.
- Moorhouse, Frank. "The Prime Movers." Bulletin (Febuary 1, 2000): 32-33.
- Nance, Lindsay. Prime Ministers of Australia. London: Bison Books, 1989.
- Page, Michael. The Prime Ministers of Australia. London: Robertsbridge, 1988.
- Payne, Trish. "The 'PM Factor': The Influence of the Prime Minister in National Reporting of the Federal Backbench." Australian Journalism Review 21, 3 (December 1999): 36-59.
- Reid, Alan D. "Prime Ministers I Have Known: Chifley and Menzies." Bulletin, 5 February 1980: 38-40, 42-44, 46.
- Reid, Alan D. "Prime Ministers I Have Known: From Lyons to Forde." Bulletin, January 1980, pp. 359-361.
- Reid, Alan D. "Prime Ministers I Have Known: Holt, McEwen, Gorton." Bulletin, 12 February 1980: 60-62+.
- Reid, Alan D. "Prime Ministers I Have Known: Malcolm Fraser." Bulletin, 26 February 1980: 58-61.
- Reid, Alan D. "Prime Ministers I Have Known: McMahon and Whitlam." Bulletin, 19 February 1980: 58-63.
| Home |
Last Updated: 20-May-2010
Questions and comments:
Copyright 1999, The Trustees of