Thumbnail

Category: Permanent Court of International Justice
Info: International committee of jurists charged by the Council in February 1920 to prepare a preliminary project destined to serve as the basis for discussions by the Assembly. This committee met in the Hague from June 16-July 24, 1920 and the project that they presented, after having undergone a few modifications by the Council and the Assembly, became the statute of the new Court of International Justice. The Assembly approved this project during the meeting of December 13, 1920. The Committee of Jurists at work, assist the members of the Secretariat of the League of Nations.From left to right around the table: James Brown Scott (United States), advisor to Elihu Root, Elihu Root (United States), Mineitciro Adatci (Japan), Walter Phillimore (Great Britain), Bernard Cornelis Johannes Loder, Vice-President of the Committee (Netherlands), Enrique Descamps David, President (Belgium), Albert Geouffre de LaPradelle (France), Rafael Altamira y Crevea (Spain), A. Ricci-Busatti (Italy), Raoul Fernandez (Brazil), F. Hagerup (Norway)
Place: The Hague
Year: 1920

 

Personalities

Secretariat

Assemblies 

Delegations 

Councils  

Permanent Court of International Justice

Commissions and Committees

International Labor Organization

Conferences

Various

Keyword Search:

Home  Intro Photos  |  Sources  |  Technical


League of Nations Archives, Palais des Nations, CH-1211, Geneva 10, Switzerland
Center for the Study of Global Change, 201 N. Indiana Avenue,  Bloomington, Indiana, 47408-4001,  USA
Last updated:  October, 2002 -  Send Comments to:
  Blandine Blukacz-Louisfert, Chief, UNOG Registry, Records and Archives Unit, United Nations