Library Resources for C315: Advertising and Consumer Culture
On this page:
Finding Magazines and Journals in the
Library | Electronic Indexes |
Books about Magazines
Journals and Magazines in the Library
- To find a journal or magazine in the IUB Libraries, search IUCAT for the title of the magazine or
- Step 1: Enter the title in the first box on the Keyword or Exact
- Step 2: Click on "Periodical Title." (Here's
what steps 1 and 2 look like.)
- Step 3: Your search results may include more than one entry for the
title you are looking for. Find the one that looks closest to the one you
want and click on "Display." (Here's step 3)
- Step 4: Look at the Location and Holdings. Under
Holdings, you'll see if the years you want are available.
Location tells you where to go to get the item. (Note: if the
location is "RC Secure" or "Secure Area," you must request the item at
the Circulation Desk.)(And here's step 4.)
- Step 5: If you didn't see what you needed, go back to the search
results and see if there is another entry for your title.
- Complete index of 150-200 most widely circulated American
periodicals. Citations only: follow the steps above to find the original
publications in the Library.
York Times, 1851-1985
- Electronic archive of the New
York Times, 1851-1985. Searchable full text and page images.
Use Guided Search to search for ads.
- The New York Times is the only complete U.S. newspaper archive
electronically, but other newspapers are available on microfilm.
- American mass-market magazines. (New York: Greenwood Press,
1990) Reference Reading Room, PN4877 .A48 1990.
- Women's periodicals in the United States : consumer magazines.
(Westport, Conn.: Greenwood Press, 1995) Reference Reading Room, PN4879
.W6 1995 (also available in the Journalism Library).
- Search for additional guides and bibliographies in the Reference Reading Room