Indiana University Bloomington Libraries
Rush Cataloging Request Form
In IUCAT you may come across a record for an item that's not on the
shelf yet, because it's "in process", "on order", or "being cataloged". This
form allows you to
request that the item be Rush Cataloged, so that you can check it out.
- If the item that you want to have Rush Cataloged is an IUB
dissertation, please use the Dissertation Rush Cataloging Request Form.
- You must have a valid Indiana University Library
Identification Number (Barcode). This will allow us to notify you when
the item is ready for you to check out.
- One of the following must be true:
- Location reads: In Process. Click to see
- Location reads: Main Library - Tech. Services - Being Cataloged (Ask
Staff). Click to see Sample Record
- Copy Status reads: ON-ORDER. Click to see
- Fill out the form below and click the Submit
button when you are finished. All the information is mandatory, except
for the Author of the book. For information on the "library" please see the
sample records linked above.
You will be notified via email when the item you requested is available. We will also contact you if we are unable to fulfill your rush request.