Department of Linguistics
Memorial Hall 322
Bloomington, IN 47405-7005
Phone: (812) 855-6456
Fax: (812) 855-5363
- Department Chair: Robert Botne
- Undergraduate Academic Advisor: Krystie Herndon
- Director of Undergraduate Studies: Stuart Davis
- Director of Graduate Studies: Ken de Jong
- African Language Coordinator: Alwiya Omar
- Computational Linguistics Director: Sandra Kuebler
- Department Fiscal Officer: Brandi Liford – (812) 856-5736
- Student Services Assistant: Margaret Anderson – (812) 855-6456
- Webmaster: Braxton Meyer
- IU Linguistics email list: This is the primary mailing list for Linguistics topics at IU. To subscribe, send an empty email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cognoscente email list: This is the mailing list for IU’s Cognitive Science program, which often covers topics relevant to linguistics. To subscribe, send an empty email to email@example.com.
- CompLing-L, the computational linguistics mailing list: This is the mailing list for our Computational Linguistics program. To subscribe, send an empty email to: CompLingfirstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of Linguistics Facebook page can be found at https://www.facebook.com/indiana.linguistics.
- PHLEGME: Phonetics Reading Group (contact: Jeffrey Holliday, webpage)
- CLingDing: Computational Linguistics Hour (contact: Markus Dickinson, webpage)
- SLing: Sociolinguistics Reading Group (contact: Amy Peters)
- Chinese Syntax Reading Group (contact: Philip LeSourd)
- Syntax Reading Group (contact: Steven Franks)