Academics » Prospective Instructors
Teach an IU-accredited course at Collins
- Is there a course you've always wanted to teach, but never had the opportunity?
- Have you designed a multidisciplinary course that doesn't quite fit into your department's curriculum?
The Collins Living-Learning Center invites faculty members and advanced graduate students with teaching experience to submit course proposals each semester for the following year.
Please note, for those who have taught at Collins before and would like to teach again: there is a new staffing policy with regards to Associate Instructors who offer courses for the LLCs. There will be a limit of 2 courses total that an individual AI may be hired to teach by a College-affiliated LLC.
Freshmen and sophomores are required to register for one Collins seminar per year. Proposals at the 200 level are sought particularly, but not exclusively.
- Go to our proposal guidelines page for more specific information.
- Go to our how to propose a course page for details on what should be submitted.
Email the Board of Educational Programming (e-mail email@example.com) or e-mail the Board's co-chairs directly at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com to request a personal consultation with student members. Include the following in your email:
- Your name
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your address (preferably campus address)
- The proposed topic for your course
- When it would be convenient for you to schedule a consultation. Please include evening and weekend times if possible; we'll do our best to find students who are free when you are.