Other phylogeny programs for analyzing
- Phylodendron -
a program for drawing phylogenetic trees by Don Gilbert
- a huge, powerful, and friendly package of tree building and analysis
programs. Available free, and for virtually all types of computers.
Written by Joe Felsenstein.
- Discrete and Continuous software by Mark Pagel.
- PVR - Programs
for phylogenetic eigenvector regression of Diniz-Filho et al.
- an extremely friendly Macintosh program primarily for analysis of
categorical or state characters. Includes spreadsheets and graphical
manipulation of trees. Written by Wayne P. Maddison and David R. Maddison.
- Implementation of Pagel's (1992) version of Felsenstein's (1985) method.
For the Macintosh. Written by Andy Purvis and Andrew Rambaut.
- Program for estimation of ancestral character states for continuous
characters using maximum likelihood. For UNIX or DOS, C code available.