Introductory Biotechnology course for High school science teachers
June 22-26, 2015
Biotechnology Program at Indiana University
The Biotechnology program at Indiana University is proud to offer its second annual outreach program for high school teachers. During this weeklong course, teachers will learn basic scientific concepts and techniques in Biotechnology allowing for similar exercises to be performed in their classrooms. Teachers will be exposed to a variety of topics related to both fundamental science and application of DNA-related aspects of biotechnology, including the following topics:
- Visualization and manipulation of proteins
- Analysis of the human genome
- Enzyme purification and analysis
- Assay for antibiotic resistance
Participation in the course will count toward professional development points. Options for graduate credit will be addressed upon acceptance into the course. Accepted teachers will receive a stipend and housing accommodations.
Enrollment is limited.
- Application deadline: April 30, 2015
- Notification of acceptance by: May 1, 2015
See the Science Outreach Flyer here.
*The application form is in PDF format. Please follow the instructions closely to make sure that you submit them properly.
- You must use Adobe Reader to fill out the form. If you don't have Adobe Reader, you can download it free:
- Make sure you open the PDF with Adobe Reader. To do so:
- save the PDF on your desktop
- open the Adobe Reader
- go to File>Open to open the PDF in Reader