- IU Biochemistry Program faculty member Professor Malcolm E. Winkler named AAAS Fellow for distinguished contributions to the areas of bacterial metabolism, physiology and molecular genetics in Gram-negative model bacteria, and in the Gram-positive respiratory pathogen Streptococcus pneumoniae.
- IU Biochemistry Program faculty member David Kehoe discovers highly complex communication system in aquatic cyanobacteria.
- Biochemistry program faculty member Erin Carlson named Sloan Research Fellow.
- Times Square big screen to display award-winning DNA segregation image from Claire Walczak's microscopy lab.
- Biochemistry faculty members David Giedroc and Malcom Winker uncover protein's job protecting pneumonia-causing pathogen from copper poisoning.
- IU Biochemistry Department faculty member Charles Dann III's work will aid drug design to target cancer and inflammatory disease.
- Thermophiles, humans share ancient machinery used in cell division.
- Biochemistry Graduate Department faculty member Stephen Bell featured as a guest blogger in Cell Reporter.
- Biochemistry faculty member Joel Ybe presents research that suggests molecular ‘switch’ may play role in tumor suppression