- Rachel Samson and Steve Bell have published an article in Molecular Cell in which they describe the molecular basis of one of the very first steps in the initiation of DNA replication. The manuscript is titled "Mechanism of Archaeal MCM Helicase Recruitment to DNA Replication Origins".
- Congratulations to Craig Pikaard for the 2015 Martin Gibbs Medal from the American Society of Plant Biologists (ASPB). This is one of the highest honors in plant biology, and truly well deserved for his stellar contributions to plant science.
- MCB faculty member Matt Bochman one of five IU professors awarded grants from new translational research program.
- Congratulations to Acting Chairman Steve Bell and MCB Graduate Faculty member David Kehoe for their election to the 2015 honorific wing of the American Society for Microbiology!
- MCB faculty member Susanne Ressl recently had a Q&A session with CELL magazine editor Milka Kostic.
- MCB faculty member Craig Pikaard named one of Indiana University's six distinguished professors.