The PhD Minor is designed for students who seek additional training in medieval studies beyond their own department, but desire a less intensive course of study than the Area Certificate.
Requirements: Four medieval courses outside the student's department. These courses must be from at least two different departments and must include one of the courses listed below.
- M500 Introduction to Medieval Studies
- M502 Colloquium in Medieval Studies. Investigation of an interdisciplinary problem or foundational texts
- M600 Medieval Manuscripts. Topics in paleography and codicology. The study of manuscript production, history, and use
- M815 Readings in Medieval Civilization
- L300 Intensive Introduction to Classical and Medieval Latin
- L400 Intensive Study of Literary Latin
- L409 Readings in Medieval Latin
- L540 Readings in Medieval Latin
- L611 Seminar in Latin Epigraphy or Paleography