| Home | About | Welcome | Activities | People | Mail | Links | Denominations |
Listed below are just a few of the world's religions. How many faith traditions can you match with their respective statements?
Bahá'i, Islam, Confucianism, Taoism, Christianity, Hinduism, Shinto, Native or Aboriginal Spiritual Traditions, Buddhism, Judaism
1. The Vedas and Upanishads are sacred writings and sources of wisdom for this religion.
2. The purpose of this religion is to unify humanity through the eradication of sexism, racism, and other prejudices, and to harmonize science and religion.
3. In which religion is one likely to encounter rituals such as a sacred circle or sweat lodge?
4. Ramadan is a sacred month of fasting and the Koran is sacred scripture in this religion.
5. Yin and Yang, which represents complementary dualsims, is a symbol of this religion.
6. This religion shaped China's history for 2500 years.
7. Theravada is a particular form of this religion.
8. Worship takes place in a synagogue on the Sabbath.
9. This religion is practiced primarily in Japan.
10. Expressions of this religion include many forms such as Celtic, Roman, Orthodox, Anglican, Pentacostal, or Baptist.
Center for University Ministry
1514 E. Third Street
Bloomington, IN 47401
phone (812) 332-3386 fax (812)332-4803
Activities of the Center are available to all without regard to age, gender, creed, national origin, sexual orientation, relationship to the University, or the Center's supporting denominations.
If you have comments or suggestions about this web page, please e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org