- BLOOMINGTON CAMPUS OF INDIANA UNIVERSITY
- The Men and Women of Color Conference will be held at Indiana Memorial Union on the campus of Indiana University, located close to downtown Bloomington, Indiana, about 50 miles south of Indianapolis, Indiana.
- The Indiana Memorial Union is located at 900 East 7th Street in Bloomington, IN.
- To acquaint you with the scenic Bloomington campus, we invite you to take a virtual campus tour
2. CONFERENCE ACTIVITIES
- Registration Check-in, Sessions, Lunch and Keynote Address, Networking, Social Activities
- Date: Friday October 26th - Saturday October 27th
- Location: Indiana Memorial Union (see Travel for directions to the conference locations)
Attention: Please take note of reservation cutoff dates for each hotel.
Indiana Memorial Union
10 various room types
Located at: 900 E. Seventh Street
Bloomington, IN 47406
Phone Number: 812-855-2536
On-line Reservation Code: MWCLC13
Reservation cutoff: October 08, 2013
Two Queens: $99/night
Located at: 2100 N. Walnut Street
Bloomington, IN 47404
Phone number: 812.334.2100
Request Room from block code: MWL
Reservation cutoff: September 28, 2012
A Summerhouse Inn
Located at: 4501 East 3rd Street
Bloomington, IN 47401
Phone number: 812.332.2141
Reservation Code: MWCC
A Summerhouse Inn
Reservation cutoff: October 31,2013
Contact the hotel directly. Inform the reservation staff person that you are attending the Men and Women of Color Leadership Conference. Unless you identify yourself as a conference participant, you may be unable to obtain a room.
We encourage you to make your reservations early as accommodations are often difficult to secure during this busy time of year. To receive discounted hotel rates please log on to www.ytbtravel.com/bettertraveler for the best prices around. The MWOCLC block of hotel rooms will be released to the general public.
Information on other area hotels is available at: www.visitbloomington.com
The following dining opportunities are included in full conference registration fees:
Reception on Friday evening
For additional dining options, Click Here.
Continental Breakfast on Friday morning
5. AT&T Wi-Fi access for IU guests
What's better than visiting a beautiful IU campus? Having no-cost, no-hassle Wi-Fi service when you're here.
Now, any guest on the IU Bloomington and IUPUI campuses can access our no-fee Wi-Fi using the "attwifi" network.
AT&T data customers will get the same automatic access, while all other guests simply need to agree to an acceptable-use policy, and they're good to go.
6. PARKING ON CAMPUS
Parking is available at the Jordan parking garage located at 150 N. Jordan Avenue between 7th street and 3rd street. It is a two story structure behind the Read residence center and beside the Wright Education building.
It is free parking on both levels from 6pm on Friday until 7am on Monday. If you park at the Jordan Parking Garage before 6pm on Friday and leave after that hour then you will not be required to pay.
Rates for any other time can be found on the IU Bloomington Parking Operations website.
7. LOCAL TIME ZONE
Bloomington is on Eastern Standard Time. At the time of the Men & Women of Color Conference, Bloomington will be on same time as New York City, the East Coast of the United States and one
hour ahead of Chicago.