The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Gregory Sidell, MD – Psychiatry
Dr. Sidell has joined Centerstone. He is board certified in psychiatry. Dr. Sidell is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine.
Kevin T. Moore, MD - Emergency Medicine
Dr. Moore is a graduate of the Stanford School of Medicine. He is board certified in emergency medicine. Dr. Moore has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians.
Laurence Behney, MD - Family Medicine
Dr. Behney has joined Cook Family Health Center. He is board certified in Family Medicine. After having served in the United States Navy, Dr. Behney attended the Indiana University School of Medicine.