The Monroe Owen County Medical Society (MOCMS) is a not for profit professional organization of physicians in Bloomington and the surrounding area. It is a member group of the Indiana State Medical Association. Organized in 1940, the MOCMS is dedicated to the provision of quality healthcare in this community. Our services reach out to community members in addition to benefitting our physician members.
What can MOCMS do for you as a community member or patient?
- Assist you in finding a local physician/specialist for your medical needs
- Lead you to community health resources to suit your particular medical issues
- Identify upcoming community health related events
- Help you understand what issues are impacting healthcare in Indiana and nationally
What can MOCMS do for you as a physician?
- Learn about the benefits/services of membership in MOCMS
- Apply for membership online
- Access the MOCMS newsletters
- Quickly locate professional resources
- Identify current legislation affecting medical practice
Welcome New Members!
Ramon Ryan, MD – Occupational Medicine
Dr. Ryan is a graduate of St. George’s University School of Medicine. He completed his residency program in internal medicine at Quillen College of Medicine at East Tennessee State University and in occupational medicine at the University of Kentucky. He also completed his fellowship in sports medicine at Methodist Hospital in Indianapolis. He has joined IU Health Occupational Health Services.
Jeffrey D. Smithers, MD – Sports Medicine & Internal Medicine
Dr. Smithers has joined IU Health Southern Indiana Physicians Orthopedics of Southern Indiana. He graduated from Vanderbilt University School of Medicine in Nashville, Tennessee. He completed his residency program at Good Samaritan in Phoenix, Arizona, in internal medicine and pediatrics. Dr. Smithers completed his fellowship program at St. Joseph’s at Arizona State, Tempe, Arizona, in primary care sports medicine.
Barry A. Steinkamp, MD – Anesthesiology
Dr. Steinkamp is a graduate of the Indiana University School of Medicine. He completed his residency program in anesthesiology at Indiana University School of Medicine. Dr. Steinkamp practices with Bloomington Anesthesiologists.
Josh A. Watkins, MD – Anesthesiology
Dr. Watkins is a member of Bloomington Anesthesiologists, PC. He graduated from Indiana University School of Medicine. His residency program was completed at the University of Wisconsin.