«

»

Apr 29

Secretary Run-Off

NBA-IU to hold Run-Off Election for Secretary

Thanks to everyone who voted in the first round of elections! Due to the tremendous amount of write-ins for the Secretary position, there was a tie. According to the NBA-IU constitution, this requires a run-off election (Article V, Section 7.)

Please take a moment to read the candidate statements below. Then, follow the link to cast a vote. Please use the same security codes in the first election e-mail to vote.

Voting ends tomorrow (April 30th) at midnight!

If you are ready to vote, click here.

All candidates are listed in alphabetical order.

Bailey Petersma

Bailey Petersma

Hello! I’m Bailey Petersma, a sophomore percussionist from Des Moines, Iowa pursuing a BME in both band and choral music education. I currently study percussion with Michael Spiro and I have also studied with Professors John Tafoya and Kevin Bobo. Since coming to Indiana University, I have been a member of the Concert and Symphonic Bands, the Marching Hundred drumline, the IU Percussion Ensemble, and the Afro-Cuban Folkloric Ensemble. As a music educator, I have taught private summer percussion lessons to several students in my hometown, and I have also had several opportunities to teach and conduct students of varying levels while here at IU.

I am excited to have the opportunity to run for secretary of the newly-formed chapter of NBA-IU, and I believe that I would be a good fit for this position for a variety of reasons. As secretary, one of my main tasks would be to keep detailed minutes of every chapter meeting. I consider myself to be an extremely organized and responsible person, and I know that this trait would benefit the board and chapter members as I carry out this task and other secretarial duties. I have had a great deal of leadership experience as well, and this confidence will help me to serve as a good representative for NBA-IU. Aside from the designated responsibilities of the secretary, I hope to promote the organization to increase membership, and I intend to help develop ideas for masterclasses that will benefit us all as future music performers and educators.

Hannah RombergHannah Romberg

My name is Hannah Romberg, I am a sophomore music education major, and I play percussion. First off, I want to say thank you to everyone who chose to write me in as a secretary candidate, I am truly honored! Because I’ve seen how successful the NBA executive board has been in their first year, I feel that the standard is set high for the next few years. I would love to be a part of organizing more successful master classes, activities, and publications, and hopefully expanding the National Band Association at IU even further My goals as your secretary are to keep meetings organized and focused in order to facilitate effectiveness in planning, increase membership, and get input from members of NBA (that’s you!) about our plans for the future. If you have any questions, shoot me a message or find me in person to ask!

Post expires at 11:59pm on Monday April 30th, 2012