Salman H. Al-Ani
- Professor, Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Program Director, Arabic Flagship Program
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, Indiana University, 1963 (Linguistics, Minor in Near Eastern Languages and English Language)
- MAT, Indiana University, 1961 (Linguistics)
- BA, University of Baghdad, 1958 (English)
- Arabic linguistics with a special emphasis on phonetics, phonology, morphology, and syntax
- Teaching Arabic as a second language with the application of Computer Assisted Language Learning (CALL)
Office: Global and International Studies Building 3053
Phone: (812) 855-8555
Courses Recently Taught
- Conversational Arabic
- Arabic Phonetics and Phonology
- Arabic Grammar
- Multimedia Arabic
- "Arabic Phonetics." In Encyclopedia of Arabic Language and Linguistics, Vol. 3. E. J. Leiden: Brill, 2007.
- Editor and translator, Shadia A. Tel. Kitab al-Iman (The Book of Faith) by Ibn Taymiyyah. Bloomington, Indiana: Iman Publishing House, 1998/1999.
- "Tafkhim" (phonetic features of retraction in Arabic). In Encyclopedia of Islam, edited by C.E. Bosworth, E. Van Donzel, W.P. Heinrichs and G. Lecomti. Leiden: Brill, 1998.
- "Sawtiyya" (modern phonetic description of Arabic). In Encyclopedia of Islam, edited by C.E. Bosworth, E. Van Donzel, W.P. Heinrichs and G. Lecomti, 95–97. Leiden: Brill, 1995.