- Professor Emeritus, Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Professor Emeritus, Department of the History of Art
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, Princeton University, 1967 (History of Art)
- MA, University of California at Berkeley, 1962 (History of Art)
- Early Christian, Byzantine and Carolingian art and architecture
Office: Fine Arts 413
Phone: (812) 855-9556
Courses Recently Taught
- Early Christian Art
- Ancient and Medieval Art
- Historiography of Western Art
- Byzantine Art
- Early Christian Architecture
- Hagia Sophia (with Antony White and Henry Matthews). Scala, 2004.
- Modern Perspectives in Western Art. Holt, Rinehart, and Winston, 1971.
- Research Guide to the History of Western Art. American Library Association, 1983.
- Early Christian and Byzantine Architecture. G.K. Hall, 1992.
- Editor, The Art of Byzantium and the Medieval West. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1976.
- Editor, Gesta, 1980–1983.