- Professor Emerita, School of Journalism
- Professor Emerita, School of Informatics
- Adjunct Professor Emerita, Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, University of North Carolina, 1976 (Mass Communication Research)
- MA, Bowling Green State University, 1964 (Speech and Theatre)
- International communications
- Information and communication technology issues
- Social informatics
- Middle East and Western Europe
Office: Ernie Pyle Hall 206a
Phone: (812) 855-1699
Courses Recently Taught
- Professionalization and Pedagogy in Informatics
- International Communication
- Communication and Identity in the Diaspora: Turkish Migrants in Amsterdam and their Use of Media. Lanham MD: Lexington Books, 2001.
- Newspaper Leadership. Englewood Cliffs, NJ: Prentice Hall, 1986. Also in Spanish (La Direccion de la empresa periodistica, with Ardyth Sohn and John Polich. Prentice Hall, 1988).
- Editor, with Bonnie Brownlee. From Parochialism to Globalism: International Perspectives on Journalism Education. Bloomington, IN: International Division of the Association, 1986.