- Associate Professor, Department of Near Eastern Languages and Cultures
- Curriculum Vitae
- PhD, The Johns Hopkins University, 1995
- Ancient Egyptian language and literature
- History of Graeco-Roman Egypt Ancient Egyptian transportation and trade, especially boats and ships
Office: Global and International Studies Building 3051
Phone: (812) 856-6736
Courses Recently Taught
- Middle Egyptian
- Late Egyptian
- Demotic Egyptian
- Religion of Ancient Egypt
- History and Civilization of Ancient Egypt
- Digital Modelling of the Egyptian Collection in the Eskenazi Art Museum
- "Through a Woman’'s Eyes, and in a Woman's Voice: Ihweret as Focalizor in the First Tale of Setne Khaemwas." In Ptolemy II Philadelphus and his World. Memosyne Supplements 300, ed. Paul McKechnie and Philippe Guillaume, 303–51. Leiden and Boston: Brill, 2008.
- The Nile Boatman at Work. Müncher Ägyptologische Studien 48. Munich: von Zabern, 1998.
- Egyptian Boats and Ships. Shire Egyptology Series 20. Princes Risborough, UK: Shire Publications, 1994.