If you want to learn more about evolution in general, and human evolution, in particular, explore evidence from comparative genetics, anatomy, and the fossil record in some of the following places.
Museums and Universities:
- UC Berkeley Paleontology Museum A wonderful place to learn about fossils, as well as the method and theory of evolutionary biology.
- Tree of Life A collaborative family tree of life on earth.
- Natural History Museum, London with some images and short descriptions of their paleontological research projects on human origins
- Smithsonian Paleobiology Program (featuring Kay Behrensmeyer)
- NCSE National Center for Science Education (great resources following the current debate about challenges to the teaching of evolution)
- The Institute of Human Origins IHO at Arizona State University has created a public educational website called Becoming Human
- Chicago Field Museum
- L.A. Natural History Museum
- Musee de l'Homme
- Evolution at Harvard
Topical Home Pages:
- Ron Clarke's exciting 1998 discoveries at Sterkfontein (ABC news) (BBC news)
- Read a brief history of earlier discoveries at the Sterkfontein Valley cavesites from the University of Witwatersrand, South Africa.
- An interview with Mary Leakey
- Link to online posters for a conference on the evolution of human diet.
- Turkana Boy Walks!
- Origins of Humankind Home Page
- Talk.Origins Archive Jim Foley's site with summaries of the fossil evidence for hominid species, images, discussion forum, etc, especially the "Prominent Fossils Page"
- Dental Microwear Home Page great images, and a software program, from Peter Ungar
- Phylogeny and Recontructing Family Trees Includes interactive applets that require a JAVA browser.
- Institute of Human Origins, University of Arizona
- Take the Lucy Test!
- Information pages about hominid fossils - casts of replicas can be purchased that help support research
- Casts for collectors, Hamman-Todd Casting program, Cleveland State Museum
- Hominid sites from around the world (link to brief descriptions and images from some important sites)
- Hominid Paleo-ethology Home Page from the University of Barcelona
- Human Prehistory site
- Neandertal discoveries newsbrief and Nature summary
- Paleoanthropology Images
- Anthropology and Archaeology Network Directory
- Sinap Hominoid Fossil Site in Turkey and other paleoanthropology resources from John Kappelman.
- Neanderthals: a Cyber perspective: an interesting site summarizing some good information about neanderthals
- A Look at Modern Human Origins: a personal website prepared by D. Kreger at Penn State University.
- Anthropology in the News : press reports of new discoveries in paleoanthropology and archaeology
Return to Human Origins and Evolution Home Page | Visit Jeanne Sept's Personal Home Page
Last updated: 24 March 1999
Copyright 1995, 1996, Jeanne Sept