Bogazici University, founded in 1863, and is located in the historic city of Istanbul. It has close to 12,000 students.
Opportunity for independent research or study for one month.
Bogazici University's academic year runs from late September through the end of May.
- Leading programs in law, business and management, economics, medicine, Turkish language and natural sciences.
Bogazici will provide housing.
You may apply if you
- Are a tenure-line faculty member (including librarian) or research scientist/scholar at any IU campus. Non tenure-line faculty members whose evaluation criteria for promotion include research or creative activity are also eligible with an explanation in the letter of support from their dean or chair.
- Have a clear research agenda that can be accommodated by Bogazici University.
How to apply for this Program
- Online application (see link below)
- Mandatory support documents
- November 16, 2012
- Notification by January 11, 2013
- OVPIA provides funds for the cost of round-trip airfare.
- Bogazici provides housing and a stipend to cover meals.
- OVPIA will seek a preliminary recommendation from the University Committee on Asian Exchanges.
- A final recommendation from the International Affairs Exchange Review Committee will be required before sending dossiers to partner institutions for final approval.
- Candidates may apply to use positions in a variety of ways.
- We invite proposals to conduct research, consult with colleagues, or offer lectures or short courses.
- Applicants should indicate how their proposals are important to their professional development, the development of a school or departmental affiliation, or the development of the partner institution.
- Research proposals should include an outline of the project and should specifically identify local resources the candidate would employ.
- An applicant who proposes to offer lectures or a short course should provide confirmation that his/her topics are of interest to colleagues at the partner institution.