Jagiellonian University, founded in 1364, is the oldest university in Poland. It is located in the historic city of Krakow and has close to 50,000 students.
Opportunity for independent research or study for one semester. 1 position is open to IU graduate students.
Jagiellonian University's academic year runs from late September through the end of June.
- Leading programs in law, philosophy, linguistics, Polish language and literature and natural sciences.
- Strong Polish language proficiency required.
- Polish language courses are not included under the exchange.
Student dormitories are available for exchange students. These are two person rooms.
You may apply if you
- Are a graduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- Have a clear research agenda or course of study that can be accommodated by Jagiellonian
- Have high Polish language proficiency
- Language certificate confirming knowledge of Polish language or English language that is sufficient to follow the lectures
How to apply for this Program
- Online application (see link below)
- Mandatory support documents
- October 26, 2012
- Notification by December 7, 2012
- OVPIA provides students with funds to cover the cost of round-trip airfare.
- Jagiellonian provides a fee waiver for tuition and a stipend to cover housing and meals.