Bayreuth University is located in Bayreuth, Germany and is a centre of international research promoting interdisciplinary cooperation.
Bayreuth University's academic calendar runs from October - September.
Opportunity for independent research or collaboration at Bayreuth University for one month.
- Bayreuth University has nine Central Research Institutes
- Full range of academic programs in agricultural sciences, arts & letters, basic sciences, engineering, health sciences and social sciences
Housing is provided in the Bayreuth University Guesthouse and is within a 15 minute walk of campus.
You may apply if you
- Are a tenure-line faculty member (including librarian) or research scientist/scholar at any IU campus. Non tenure-line faculty members whose evaluation criteria for promotion include research or creative activity are also eligible with an explanation in the letter of support from their dean or chair.
- Have a clear research agenda that can be accommodated by Bayreuth University.
How to apply for this Program
- Online application (see link below)
- Mandatory support documents
- November 16, 2012
- Notification by January 11, 2013
- OVPIA provides funds to cover the cost of round-trip airfare.
- Bayreuth University provides housing, health insurance, and a stipend for meals.
- OVPIA will seek a preliminary recommendation from the University Committee on West European Exchanges.
- A final recommendation from the International Affairs Exchange Review Committee will be required before sending dossiers to partner institutions for final approval.
- Candidates may apply to use positions in a variety of ways.
- We invite proposals to conduct research, consult with colleagues, or offer lectures or short courses.
- Applicants should indicate how their proposals are important to their professional development, the development of a school or departmental affiliation, or the development of the partner institution.
- Research proposals should include an outline of the project and should specifically identify local resources the candidate would employ.
- An applicant who proposes to offer lectures or a short course should provide confirmation that his/her topics are of interest to colleagues at the partner institution.