The University of Costa Rica (UCR) is located in San Pedro in the province of San Jose. It is a comprehensive university with over 39,000 students and is one of the leading universities in Central America.
This exchange is for one semester. First semester for UCR is last week of February through last week of June and the second semester is the first week of August through first week of December.
Opportunity for independent research or course work at UCR for one semester.
- Full range of academic programs in agricultural sciences, arts & letters, basic sciences, engineering, health sciences and social sciences
- Main campus in San Pedro
- Courses in Spanish; Spanish language ability mandatory
- Spanish language courses not included under the exchange agreement
- 26 research institutes
Housing is provided in a home stay situation.
You may apply if you
- Are a graduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
- Have a clear research agenda or course of study that can be accommodated by UCR
- Have high Spanish language proficiency, both written and oral
How to apply for this Program
- Online application (see link below)
- Mandatory support documents
- October 26, 2012
- Notification by December 7, 2012
- OVPIA provides funds for the cost of round-trip airfare and will provide the student with insurance coverage for the time of their stay.
- UCR provides board, lodging with a Costa Rican family, or a stipend sufficient to cover the cost of these items.