University of Seville is centrally located in the city of Seville with a student population of over 70,000 students. It is the second largest and one of the oldest universities in Spain.
One position is open to an IU graduate student for an academic year teaching appointment as an instructor in the Department of English at the University of Seville. Priority will be given to students with a background in TESOL.
- Seville is a comprehensive university with strengths in many areas.
- In-session courses on Spanish on different levels will be granted at the Language Institute.
Areas of study open to exchange students
- Languages and literatures
- Spanish language and literature
- South American literature
- English language and literature
- French language and literature
- Italian language and literature
- German language and literature
- Arabic language, literature and culture
- Ancient Greek language and literature
- Dutch language
Spanish is desirable, but not needed.
Students will be given information about local housing, but will need to make these arrangements themselves and pay for out of the stipend provided by Seville.
You may apply if you
- Are a graduate student at any Indiana University campus who is making normal academic progress
Please note priority will be given to students with a background in TESOL, strong Spanish languages skills and an independent research agenda that can be accommodated within the applicant's teaching schedule and the University of Seville.
How to apply for this Program
- Online application (see link below)
- Mandatory support documents
- October 26, 2012
- Notification by December 7, 2012
- OVPIA provides funds for the cost of round-trip airfare.
- University of Seville will provide the student with medical insurance (student must provide advance notice of arrival date), waiver of tuition and fees, and a stipend sufficient to cover housing and meals.
Spain now requires additional steps in order to obtain a visa. Students must now obtain an FBI Background Check, prior to applying for a visa. This has added significant time to the process. Getting a visa can now take 3 – 5 months. Please see here for more information on the FBI Background Check required: http://www.fbi.gov/hq/cjisd/fprequest.htm.