Classroom systems are the purposeful and intentional creation of expectations, procedures, and climate that fosters an efficient and positive classroom culture. Effective systems include:
- Teachers providing strong guidance and clear purpose, including effective instruction, high rates of student engagement and adequate supports.
- Teaching and clarifying classroom procedures and rules
- Explicitly teaching responsibility and self-management
- A balanced set of disciplinary interventions
- A particular teacher "stance" involving active supervision and a calm demeanor