History of Philosophy
Many of our faculty have primary or secondary interests in the History of Philosophy:
- Ancient: Pieter Hasper, Adam Leite
- Medieval: Rega Wood (esp. Adam Wodeham, William Ockham, John Duns Scotus, Richard Rufus, medieval science)
- Early Modern: Kate Abramson (British Philosophy, especially Hume), Marcia Baron (Hume), and Fred Schmitt (especially Hume).
- Kant: Marcia Baron, Sandra Lynne Shapshay, Allen Wood
- 19th Century: Sandra Lynne Shapshay (esp. Schopenhauer), Allen Wood (esp. Fichte, Hegel, Marx)
Some of our adjunct faculty also add to our resources in History of Philosophy, including: