Training and Development
The Office of Training & Development coordinates all training for Physical Plant employees, ranging from craft apprenticeships and vehicle operating to administrative skills and management. In addition to training available at IU, employees sometimes participate in training outside the university. We maintain a training database to help identify and keep up with our employees' skills and training.
Coordinate Training Resources
In addition to training employees the particulars of fulfilling their jobs, we coordinate with and observe the standards of:
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA).
- Environmental Health & Services (EHS).
- Office of Risk Management (ORM).
- University Human Resource Services (UHRS).
Support for Skills Development & Maintenance
- Testing site for Utilities' Advancement Program.
- Manage the IU Apprenticeship Program.
- Coordinate with Risk Management for training such as CPR and CDL licensing.
- Coordinate with UHRS for any level of training concerning policy, management and life skills.
- Actively assists in certification and licensing acquisition and renewal.
For further information:
Indiana University Bloomington
1800 N. Range Road
Bloomington, IN 47408
Phone: (812) 856-0716