Engineering Services is responsible for mechanical and electrical engineering as well as special projects for seven IU campuses (Bloomington, Indianapolis, East, Kokomo, Northwest, South Bend, and Southeast). We also provide technical consulting and support for other divisions of the Physical Plant and the University Architect's Office.
1800 N. Range Road
- System-wide responsibility for technical support on seven campuses.
- Perform heating, cooling, electrical, and lighting systems analyses.
- Develop plans and specifications for in-house or contracted construction projects.
- Review design work performed by outside consultants for new or renovation projects.
- Develop and maintain design standards for mechanical and electrical systems.
- Basic technical services include: HVAC systems; plumbing and fire protection; high and low voltage electrical system; interior and outside site lighting; utility distribution and master planning.
- Documents are prepared using the latest version of AutoCAD.
- Provide information related to mechanical and electrical code compliance.
- Provide information related to current environmental and OSHA regulations for the Physical Plant staff.
- Engineering staff includes four mechanical engineers, four electrical engineers, four designers, and one civil engineer. 95% of our engineers are registered Professional Engineers in the state of Indiana.
- Energy Cost Control: audit electric & natural gas bills; negotiate electric & natural gas contracts.
- Qualified Energy Savings Projects: System upgrades at five regional campuses (East, Kokomo, North, Southeast, and South Bend) will generate energy savings. All projects have a maximum 10-year payback.
- University Architect's Office. University Design Standards can also be found on this page. Just click on the "Contracts/Standards" option in their menu bar.
- Indiana University Department of Facilities. This includes information about Construction Bidding.
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE.) Featuring ASHRAE news, announcements, resources, and publications.
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). Featuring IEEE news, opportunities, publications, resources, and standards.
- United States Green Building Council. This site includes details about the LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Green Building Rating system.