The Polish Studies Center at Indiana University aims to maintain, shape, and enhance I.U.’s long-standing tradition of quality scholarship on Polish literature, art, music, history, society, politics, and related humanities and social science areas. The Center provides intellectual leadership and guidance at a national and institutional level in the domain of Polish Studies, and supports Polish related research around the world.
- Announcing a new Research Fellowship opportunity at the PSC! Addressed to graduate students in the first two years of their study at Indiana University, the Polish Century Club Exploratory Research Fellowship provides $1000 for research in Poland during the period May 2015-May 2016. The fellowship is open to MA and PhD students who want to investigate the possibility of further research in Poland. Click here for more details on deadlines and application requirements!
- Join us on Thursday, December 11th at 5:00pm for the Polish Studies Center's Annual Holiday Party! We'll have kolędy and the annual cooking contest, so bring something to share! More details available here.
- The Polish Studies Center is proud to welcome Prof. Jane Curry (Santa Clara University Dept. of Political Science and IU Alumna) to Bloomington. Prof. Curry will deliver a public lecture, titled "Why Poland's Democratization Was First, and What Went Wrong" on October 23rd, 2014 at the Social Science Research Commons (Woodburn Hall, room 200).
- In Sept.-Oct. 2014, the Indiana University Cinema will screen four Polish films as part of the "Martin Scorsese Presents: Masterpieces of Polish Cinema" film series. The Cinema is one of only 31 theatres in North America chosen to host the series, which features 21 digitally remastered Polish films.
- Bill Johnston , Prof. of Comparative Literature, awarded 2014 Transatlantyk Prize for his contribution to the popularization of Polish literature abroad. Prof. Johnston discusses his work with the Instytut Książki in this video .
- Director Padraic Kenney is featured in Kultura Liberalna. Read his pieces (in Polish).