Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Make an Appointment with a PBS Academic Advisor
You must use STARNET to schedule a 30-minute appointment with a PBS Academic Advisor. Scroll down this page for complete instructions!
Got a quick question? Email us at psyneuro [at] indiana.edu. Otherwise make an appointment.
Are you making an advising appointment to prepare for registration?
Registration for Fall 2013 begins Tuesday, April 2nd. Check your Student Center in OneStart for your enrollment day and time - this is when you will be able to register.
During peak advising time, the academic advisors' schedules fill up quickly, and we see students by seniority - seniors first, then juniors, etc. If you need to meet with an advisor before registering for classes, make an appointment according to the schedule below:
If your class standing is: We want to see you.
- Senior: ASAP
- Junior: Tuesday, April 2nd - Friday, April 5th
- Sophomore: Monday, April 8th - Friday, April 12th
- Freshman: Monday, April 15th - the end of registration
Before your appointment:
- Review your degree requirements and find classes that meet your remaining requirements. If you need help, see:
- Bring a list of the courses you are thinking about taking, as well as a list of any questions that you have for your advisor.
Schedule a 30-minute appointment:
- Log in to Starnet with your IU username and passphrase.
- Search for a PSY advisor by typing in their last name:
- Brown (Chrissy)
- Campbell (Pauline)
- Gibson (Sara)
- Krieger (Meryl)
- Puiatti (Valerie)
- Click on "View Calendar" and then select the (available) day and time you wish to meet.
- Fill in the requested data to schedule the appointment. You will need to include your ID #.
- You must schedule your appointment at least 24 hours in advance. Appointments during registration fill up quickly - so try to schedule your appointment at 7-10 days before the date you want to meet with an advisor!
- Please record your appointment date & time in your own calendar/planner. An e-mail reminder of the scheduled appointment will be sent to your IU e-mail account the day before the appointment.
- If necessary, you can return to Starnet to review the appointment you've scheduled or to cancel or reschedule your appointment.
- During most of the semester, any student can make an appointment. During peak advising (the registration period) we will see students by seniority.
- If you are not physically on this campus, we can advise by phone. Please schedule an appointment by calling 812-855-2151 and our administrative assistant will schedule your appointment. This is the only appointment scheduling he will do.