Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Document Folder - Advising Handouts
Psychology & Neuroscience Major's Handbook
- What Classes Can Students Intending to Major in Psychology take after Introductory Psych?
- The Psychology Major & Mental Health Care Related Careers - Courses in PBS and beyond.
- The Psychology Major & Careers in Business - Courses, minors, co-curricular activities, career services, more!
- BA or BS Degree in Psychology - What are key differences?
- Application for Neuroscience Certificate (Aug 2011) - contains a list of approved labs for neuroscience majors!
Register for Classes
- PBS Registration Spring 2014. A convenient list of upper-level PSY courses taught during a particular term that shows the psychology or neuroscience degree requirements each course meets.
- Drop/Add Instruction Sheets. Carefully read Student Central's on Drop or Add a Class!! If you've decided to adjust your schedule after the end of the first week of classes, you may find the following instruction sheets for Late Drop/Add useful: eDrop , eDrop/eAdd Pair , eAdd
- Four-Year Student Career Roadmap
- Career Development Resources
- INdorsed Career Ready Graduate Checklist
- Internship Experience Search Strategy
- The Value of Internship Experiences - Transition from Student To Professional
- Optimizing Your Internship Experience: How to succeed in your position and prepare for the next step
- Careers in Psychology
- P199 Careers Video Series Psychology & neuroscience majors are welcome to check out the videotapes described in this handout from the Advising Office (PY229). Guest speakers in these videos discuss their personal career trajectory, field, required training, and how undergraduates can prepare for the career. Careers include: Clinical, Counseling, Social Work & Allied Fields. Cognitive Science, Neuroscience & Developmental Psychology. Business. Law. Applied Psychology: Performance Psychology. Health Psychology. I/O Psychology.
Planning & Preparing for Psychology Graduate School
- Graduate School Preparation: A Four-Year Roadmap
- Graduate School Application Timeline for competitive doctoral programs in psychology or neuroscience. Less competitive doctoral programs and master's degree programs operate on a different timeline and still include many of the same steps.
Careers in Behavioral or Mental Health Care
- Clinically-Relevant Internship Experiences for Undergraduates: Preparing for a Mental Health Care Related Career .
- Careers as a Licensed Mental Health Care Professional - comparison of licenses, degrees at a glance.
- Careers in Clinical, Counseling or School Psychology; Mental Health Counseling; Clinical Social Work; Marraige & Family Therapy and related professions . Licenses, degrees, and resources you can use to learn more.
- Compare Graduate Degree & Clinical Experience Requirements for LCSW, LMHC, and LMFT Licenses . What courses will you take and how much clinical experience will you have to get to be licensed? Explore graduate programs via the accrediting bodies for each. Indiana Master's and Doctoral programs.
- Evidence-Based Psychotherapeutic Assessment & Intervention and Training in Evidence-Based Practice As you explore careers related to clinical psychology and mental health counseling we urge you to ask questions about the assessment and interventions that you'll learn in your graduate school classes and practicua that you'll use in your future profession.