Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Document Folder - Advising Handouts
- PBS Courses & Requirements They Meet - Fall 2013 This list, prepared by the PBS Academic Advisors, includes upper-level PSY courses taught during a particular term and the psychology or neuroscience degree requirements each course meets.
- What Classes Can Students Intending to Major in Psychology take after Introductory Psych?
- The Psychology Major & Mental Health Care Related Careers - Course suggestions in PBS and beyond.
- The Psychology Major & Careers in Business - Courses, minors, co-curricular activities, career services, more!
- Read the Registrar's Drop/Add page to learn about fees and procedures for Drop/Add (through the first week of classes) and Late Drop/Add.
- Drop/Add. You can use the continuous Register & Drop/Add feature in the Onestart Student Center from the time you register for classes through the first week of classes.
- Late Drop/Add. Request class drops and adds from the second week of classes through the Auto W deadline using eDrop/eAdd: eDrop , eDrop/eAdd Pair , eAdd
Degrees, Minor & Certificate
- Application for Neuroscience Certificate (Aug 2011) - contains a list of approved labs for neuroscience majors!
- Four-Year Student Career Roadmap
- Careers in Mental Health Care Related Professions including Clinical, Counseling or School Psychology; Mental Health Counseling; Clinical Social Work; Marraige & Family Therapy and related professions. Licenses, degrees, and resources you can use to learn more.
- P199 Careers Video Series Psychology & neuroscience majors are welcome to check out the videotapes described in this handout from the Advising Office (PY229). Guest speakers in these videos discuss their personal career trajectory, field, required training, and how undergraduates can prepare for the career. Careers include: Clinical, Counseling, Social Work & Allied Fields. Cognitive Science, Neuroscience & Developmental Psychology. Business. Law. Applied Psychology: Performance Psychology. Health Psychology. I/O Psychology.
Graduate School Planning