Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Earn Course Credit for an Internship
You can earn course credit for an internship that you find by enrolling in Q398 - offered through the College of Arts & Sciences and administered by the Career Development Center.
To earn credit, an internship must:
- Be supervised. This means that you must be based in an office and meet with your supervisor in person at least once a week to discuss your progress, challenges, etc.
- Last at least 9 weeks.
- Have a training component. You must learn during your internship, not just do busy work.
- Focus on a particular project. You must be responsible for starting and finishing an entire project.
- Further your understanding of a career field or build on coursework you've taken.
- Increase your employability in your field of interest.
- Fall semester: October 1
- Spring semester: February 1
- Summer semester: June 1
We encourage to you to talk with your instructors and a Psychology & Neuroscience Advisor about any internship opportunity for which you are hoping to earn course credit before you submit an application to the Career Development Center.