Psychology and neuroscience majors are encouraged to enroll in Arts & Sciences Career Services - ASCS Q398 to earn academic credit for completing an internship that they've secured.
Why should you complete an internship? How can you find an internship that's right for you? See Internship Experiences of Psychology and Neuroscience Majors.
Q398 internship requirements:
Q398 application deadlines:
- It must enhance your career development or offer the opportunity to apply knowledge you’ve gained in the classroom to real world scenarios. The internship must not exist to simply advance the operations of the employer or replace the work that a regular employee would routinely perform.
- The skills and knowledge learned must be transferable to other employment settings.
- The experience must have a defined beginning and end, and a job description outlining projects, duties, and/or responsibilities.
- There are clearly defined learning objectives/goals related to your academic coursework or professional goals.
- There is supervision by a professional with expertise and educational and/or professional background in the field of the experience.
- There is routine feedback from the experienced supervisor.
- There are resources, equipment, and facilities provided by the host employer that support learning objectives/goals.
- Last at least 9 weeks.
- No hours will be counted until your internship is approved in the application process.
- Summer semester: June 1
- Fall semester: October 1
- Spring semester: February 1