Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Support for Undergraduate Research: Scholarships, Awards & Grants, Student Groups
Indiana University offers:
- The Indiana University Cox Research Scholarship is awarded to Indiana high school students of exemplary achievement who are interested in working under the direction of a faculty mentor on research and scholarly activities.
- Science, Technology, and Research Scholars Program offers you laboratory research experience and mentoring by a leading faculty scientist throughout your undergraduate career, automatic consideration for a Gill full-tuition scholarship, Summer Research Stipends, participation in the annual IU STARS Research Symposium, and excellent preparation for graduate study and for challenging jobs in the sciences. Outstanding high school students are typical applicants, although the program does accept applications from college freshmen.
- The Integrated Freshman Learning Experience integrates the study and research in biology, biochemistry and neuroscience in two unique phases - starting when you become part of a research lab at IU for six weeks before college begins.
- The McNair Scholars Program features the McNair Research Program and prepares low-income, first-generation and minority undergraduates for graduate study at the doctoral level.
- The STEM Initiative is an academic and research partnership between Indiana University and multiple Historically Black Colleges and Universities that promotes and develops the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines. Be sure to check out the STEM Initiative Summer Scholars Institute.
- The Center for the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior offers a Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates.
The IU Hutton Honors College administers grant programs to support research participation by highly-motivated undergraduates. You do not need to be a member of the Honors College to be eligible for these grants! Learn more about:
- Research Partnership Awards for freshmen and sophomores.
- Research Grants for juniors and seniors.
- Seniors writing an Honors Thesis should consider applying for a Thesis Award.
- If you've had a paper or poster accepted for presentation at a professional conference you can apply for a Travel Grant.
- Research project outside the U.S.? Apply for an International Experiences Program Grant.
Research opportunities nationwide: