Research Support: Scholarships, Grants & Programs
The student groups supported by PBS - Psychology Club, Neuroscience Club, Student Organization for Cognitive Science, and Psi Chi Honors Society - all support student involvement in research.
Explore the "Academic and Professional" category myINvolvement at IU to find additional academic student groups.
Awards & grants administered by Hutton Honors College, available to all IU students:
- First year & sophomore students: Research Partnership Awards.
- Juniors & seniors: Research Grants.
- Completing a Senior Honors Thesis? Apply for a Thesis Award.
- Presentating at a professional conference? Apply for a Travel Grant.
- Research project outside the U.S.? Apply for an International Experiences Grant.
IU Scholarships & Research Programs
- The Indiana University Cox Research Scholarship is awarded to Indiana high school students of exemplary achievement who are interested in working under the direction of a faculty mentor on research and scholarly activities.
- The Integrated Freshman Learning Experience integrates the study and research in biology, biochemistry and neuroscience - starting when you become part of a research lab at IU for six weeks before college begins.
- Science, Technology, and Research Scholars Program offers you laboratory research experience and mentoring by a leading faculty scientist throughout your undergraduate career, automatic consideration for a Gill full-tuition scholarship, Summer Research Stipends, participation in the annual IU STARS Research Symposium, and excellent preparation for graduate study and for challenging jobs in the sciences. Outstanding high school students are typical applicants, although the program does accept applications from college freshmen.
- The McNair Scholars Program features the McNair Research Program and prepares low-income, first-generation and minority undergraduates for graduate study at the doctoral level.
- The STEM Initiative is an academic and research partnership between Indiana University and multiple Historically Black Colleges and Universities that promotes and develops the science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) disciplines. Check out the STEM Initiative Summer Scholars Institute.
- The Center for the Integrative Study of Animal Behavior offers a Summer Research Experience for Undergraduates.
Research opportunities nationwide:
- The American Psychological Association lists Undergraduate Research Opportunities & Internships. Also see Summer Science Fellowship (SSF).
- The National Institutes of Health offers the Summer Internship Program (SIP) and Undergraduate Scholarship Program (UGSP).
- The National Science Foundation's Research Experiences for Undergraduates (REU) program supports research participation by undergraduate students in Social, Behavioral, and Economic Sciences and the Biological Sciences.