Psi Chi Honor Society
Department of Psychological
& Brain Sciences:
Support for Undergraduate Research: Scholarships, Awards & Grants, Student Groups
Indiana University offers:
- The Indiana University Cox Research Scholarship is awarded to Indiana high school students of exemplary achievement who are interested in working under the direction of a faculty mentor on research and scholarly activities.
- Science, Technology, and Research Scholars Program offers you laboratory research experience and mentoring by a leading faculty scientist throughout your undergraduate career, automatic consideration for a Gill full-tuition scholarship, Summer Research Stipends, participation in the annual IU STARS Research Symposium, and excellent preparation for graduate study and for challenging jobs in the sciences. Outstanding high school students are typical applicants, although the program does accept applications from college freshmen.
- The McNair Scholars Program features the McNair Research Program and prepares low-income, first-generation and minority undergraduates for graduate study at the doctoral level.
- The IU CAPSTONE Research Opportunity Program fosters the career development of undergraduates who plan to pursue postgraduate education in biology, chemistry and neural science. Participants gain valuable experience in writing a research proposal and in performing research along side a faculty mentor.
- The Women in Science Student Group reaches out to other women and girls in the community to encourage them to pursue futures in science. Group activities include social events and community service opportunities. Participation is both fun and rewarding.
The IU Hutton Honors College administers grant programs to support research participation by highly-motivated undergraduates. You do not need to be a member of the Honors College to be eligible for these grants! Learn more about:
- Research Partnership Awards for freshmen and sophomores.
- Research Grants for juniors and seniors.
- Seniors writing an Honors Thesis should consider applying for a Thesis Award.
- If you've had a paper or poster accepted for presentation at a professional conference you can apply for a Travel Grant.
- Research project outside the U.S.? Apply for an International Experiences Program Grant.
Research opportunities nationwide: