Top Ten Helpful Hints
1. How to find your building code on Requisitions.
On the Delivery tab, select the magnifying glass to search for a Building.
Enter the Building Name using wildcards (*), select the appropriate building and click ‘return value’. The Building field will auto populate. If you want this building to be pre-populated on all of your future requisitions, select ‘set as default building’ located under the Building name. You can also list this building for only the current requisition by not selecting ‘set as default building’.
Note: if you don’t find your building using the Building Name field, enter the name with wildcards in the Building Long Description field. This field contains “unofficial” building names that you might be more familiar with.
2. How to add and distribute accounts.
After you have completed entering your line item/s, you will click the ‘setup distribution’ button to enter your account information. You can enter the account/s either by percent, OR by amount (dollar amount).
- Click ‘setup distribution’
- Enter account detail
- Click ‘add’
- Click ‘distribute to items’
NOTE! Either Percent or Amount can be used, but NOT both.
3. Using wildcards in KFS.
The use of wildcards in KFS is an important and helpful feature. By entering a * before and after any name search, the system will return anything that contains the word or words that you entered with the wildcards. For example, if you enter *postal service* as the vendor name, the system will search for and return all vendors with postal service contained in the name. Without using wildcards, you have to enter the exact name.
4. Don’t forget the add button!
After entering line items, account information, notes, ad hoc recipients, and notification recipients, be sure to click the button after each entry. If you don’t, the system will not accept the information that you entered and errors will occur.
5. Set a default address when adding a vendor.
Every vendor needs one default address for each Address Type (PO/Remit). When creating a new vendor, enter the default address under the Address tab, select ‘Set as Default Address’ and choose ‘Yes’. Then click . If there is more than one address, you can continue adding non-default addresses. Add the address/s, select ‘No’ and click .
6. To send a note to an individual, use the recipient notification field.
In the ‘Notes and Attachments’ tab, enter your note in the *Note Text field. Click . You will then see a blank space under the ‘Notification Recipient’ field. Enter the username (or select the magnifying glass to search for the user name). Click . The requisition will be sent to the recipient’s action list where they will be able to open the requisition and read the note.
7. To send a note to a group, use the ad hoc feature.
To send a note to a group (example: purhelp)
- Open the Ad Hoc Recipient tab and go to the ‘Ad Hoc Group Requests’ area
- Select FYI under the ‘*Action Requested’ field
- Select the magnifying glass in the ‘Name’ field
- Enter the group name (example: purhelp), in the ‘Group Name’ field
- Select ‘return value’ and both the Namespace Code and the Name field will auto populate
- You may also directly enter the Namespace code and the Name without having to do a search.
8. Never send an attachment that contains secure information.
In KFS, we now have the ability to add attachments. These attachments may be viewable by others. Therefore it is crucial that no secure information be contained in the attachment. That includes social security numbers, bank numbers, etc.
9. To find a PO number on a completed requisition, click the View Related Documents tab.
Here you will find both the Requisition number and the PO number once the requisition is completed. You can click on the REQ or PO number to view the document.
10. Who is working on my order?
Complete a document search for your requisition. Open the requisition and go to the ‘View Related Documents’ tab. You will see the Purchase Order number. Click the number to open the PO. In the first tab of the PO, ‘Document Overview’, you will see ‘Purchase Order Detail’ on the third line. Here is where the assigned Contract Manager is listed.