AmEx P-Card Gaining Merchant Acceptance
source Lorelei Meeker
The Purchasing Department recently met with American Express and was excited to learn that AmEx customer service representatives have been reading the Purchasing blog to stay informed about the concerns of staff and faculty. Please keep your comments coming, as direct feedback from you is the best way to help us resolve outstanding issues.
Here are the results of our meeting:
For vendors who still choose not to accept American Express, Purchasing has established a list of alternative payment options. Please do not hesitate to contact Purchasing with any other questions.
- AmEx is preparing information that will clarify merchant discount rates compared to the rest of the industry and international acceptance. Look for more information on this soon.
- AmEx will escalate merchant acceptance efforts.
- AmEx is working on acceptance with Menards at a national level.
- AmEx is researching how other organizations handle the filing of receipts/records, since the last four digits of the card numbers are no longer unique.
- AmEx is taking a look at ways to make password/security code procedures more customer friendly.
Unsubscribe from this list.
Subscribe to this list.
Our mailing address is:
400 E 7th St., Poplars 416, Bloomington, IN 47405
Copyright©2009, The Trustees of Indiana University