Setting up Requisitions in Advance for the 2009-2010 Fiscal Year
In EPIC, departments have the ability to set up requisitions for the fiscal year 2009-2010 before July 1, 2009. This feature is commonly used for recurring payment purchase orders (POs).
How it Works
Effective immediately, the Doc Info tab has a radio button for the 2009-2010 fiscal year that will appear when creating a requisition in EPIC.
Entering Your Requisitions
- Selecting this button will make the requisition ineligible for an APO, therefore the requisition will come to Purchasing for processing.
- Once the requisition is assigned to a contract manager, Purchasing will begin to work on the order.
- Purchasing will not transmit the order to the vendor until a few days before June 30, 2009.
Any existing recurring payments that continue through the 2009-2010 fiscal year will need to be reentered in EPIC. You can save hours of data entry by utilizing the "Copy to New" feature:
Wait until near the end of June 2009 to complete requisitions for the next fiscal year that are not recurring payments. These requisitions will be held by Purchasing until a few days before June 30, 2009.
- Run a report in the IUIE to identify all recurring payments (instructions on how to do this are provided at the bottom of this document).
- In an EPIC requisition, select the "2010" Fiscal Year radio button in the Doc Info tab.
- In the Payment Info tab, make the following selections in the recurring payment fields:
- Select the appropriate type of recurring payment: Fixed Schedule/Fixed Amount, Fixed Schedule/Variable Amount, or Variable Schedule/Variable Amount.
- Enter a begin/end date. The end date should be the end of the contract. This could encompass multiple years. For example, the contract could end on June 30, 2011, so the end date would be 06/30/11. (This will allow the same PO to live over multiple fiscal years.)
- Enter appropriate line items, amounts, and accounting information for fiscal year 2008-2009. Even though you may enter a multi-year contract in the recurring payments fields, the amounts should be for one fiscal year only, to align with our budget process.
- Ensure that the quantity field for the line item reflects how you want the Purchase Order to be paid.
- Enter the quantity if there are specific unit cost increments for each payment, such as 12 months at $100 per month.
- The quantity should be left BLANK if the payments will be variable. A BLANK quantity creates a "buy-down" process for payments on the PO.
How to Run a Report of Current Recurring Payment Orders in the IUIE
- Even through Purchasing holds the requisition until near the end of June, it is possible that vendors will still deliver the good or service before June 30, 2009. If goods or services are delivered in fiscal year 2008-2009, they must be paid in fiscal year 2008-2009. For any good/service delivered in 2008-2009, the payment will be booked in 2008-2009 and the encumbrance for 2009-2010 will be released.
- The feature to create a requisition for next fiscal year will not be available for Shop Catalogs requisitions because those products are usually delivered quickly.
- The "Copy to New" button on a requisition can be used to facilitate entry of new requisitions; however, "legacy" purchase orders that were brought over from TOPS do not have this feature.
Please note that only fiscal officers (and people they delegate) have access to the EPIC reports in the IUIE.
- Login to the IUIE and select the Master Catalog tab.
- Go to the folder: Financial → EPIC - Departmental Resources → Purchase Order
- Select the Purchase Order Summary report object.
- 4. On the top half of the screen, enter the parameters for the report. It is suggested you enter these parameters, at minimum:
- Enter your Chart
- Enter your Org
- Enter 06/30/2008 in the recurring payment end date. (You may also use a different date, or place a less-than-or-equal sign in front of the date. Example: entering <=06/30/2008 will give you all your recurring payment POs that have an end date on or before 6/30/2008).
- Choose the columns you would like to see on your report. You may select ALL of them, or choose individual columns.
- At the bottom left of the panel, choose the format: either HTML or Excel.
- At the bottom right of the panel, change the parameter of records to return to "No Limit."
- Run the report.