Vendors Must Submit Insurance Documentation before Working on Campus
source Office of Risk Management

External vendors performing work on any IU affiliated campus must have a Certificate of Insurance (COI) on file with the IU Office of Risk Management. Vendors who perform standard services such as maintenance or installation are required to have comprehensive general and automobile liability insurance with minimum limits of at least $1 million each occurrence, $2 million aggregate, as well as worker's comp and employer's liability. “The Trustees of Indiana University” must be named as an additional insured on the general and auto liability coverages.

Any project the Risk Management Department deems "hazardous" requires that the vendor have $3 million in insurance coverage. The "hazardous" designation is determined on a case-by-case basis, but vendors who work with food, alcohol, or explosives are common examples.

Additionally, any vendor who operates a workspace on an IU campus must have fire legal liability.

For more information, see page eight of the Terms and Conditions for Doing Business with Indiana University (PDF).

For questions, contact Larry Stephens, Office of Risk Management, at or 812-855-9758.

Unsubscribe from this list.

Subscribe to this list.

Our mailing address is:
400 E 7th St., Poplars 416, Bloomington, IN 47405

Our telephone:
(812) 855-7226

Copyright©2009, The Trustees of Indiana University