- LENS group hosts Second Meeting of the Union for Compact Accelerator-driven Neutron Sources (UCANS-II)
July 8, 2011
Read Full Article [+]
- IU Physics Facility Awarded $5 Million for Cooperative Neutron Research
August 26, 2010
LENS has received a $5 million grant from the National Institute for Standards and Technology. The NIST grant provides close to $1 million a year for five years to support cooperative research activities between the Low Energy Neutron Source (LENS) at IU Bloomington and NIST's National Center for Neutron Research, located in Gaithersburg, MD.
- IU Announces Cooperation Agreement between LENS and Tsinghua University
September 11, 2009
The Office of the Vice President for International Affairs at Indiana University has announced "an Agreement of Friendship and Cooperation between Tsinghua University and Indiana University," starting on July 31, 2009, for two years.
- SESAME measures first neutrons
May 4, 2009
The newest LENS beamline, dubbed SESAME (Spin Echo Scattering Angle Measurement), measured its first neutrons on April 21, 2009.
- Completion of LENS
October 27, 2008
The Low Energy Neutron Source (LENS) at IUCF reached two major milestones recently.
- LENS reaches target of 13MeV
The Low Energy Neutron Source at IUCF achieved its ultimate beam operating energy target in the early hours of Monday, March 31 when 13 MeV protons were successfully accelerated through the new Drift Tube Linac section.
- LENS produces first 1kW proton beam
The Low Energy Neutron Source (LENS) program at IUCF reached an important milestone on October 16, 2007, when the LENS source delivered protons to the target at a power level of 1kW for the first time.
- LENS produces first klystron-powered proton beam
December 20, 2006
A klystron-powered proton beam was produced by IUCFs Low Energy Neutron Source (LENS) accelerator for the first time on December 20, 2006.
- LENS Facility Runs for Approximately One Week
March 1, 2006
The LENS facility ran for approximately one week at the end of March.