Spirit of Monroe County III
Spirit of Monroe County Series
Spirit of Monroe County I (1997)
- Part 1: Monroe County’s natural history and the longtime search for a safe water source.
- Part 2: Cities and towns, including Stinesville, Ellettsville and the limestone industry’s history, Smithville, Harrodsburg; farming; and the Monroe County Fair.
- Part 3: Education, business, and industry, including Indiana University and the leadership of Herman B Wells, Showers Brothers Company, RCA, downtown Bloomington, and Bill Cook and Cook, Inc.
- Part 4: Breaking Away and Hoagy Carmichael.
- Part 5: Athletics and sports figures, including Bob Knight, slow pitch softball, Jerry Yeagley and IU soccer, and Bloomington High School North’s 1997 IHSAA championship in boys basketball.
Spirit of Monroe County II (1999)
- Part 1: A visit to the Peden farm on Maple Grove Road for the spring farm festival, where over 3000 kids learn how farm life used to be.
- Part 2: A 1986 violin lesson with the late Josef Gingold, distinguished professor of music, who epitomized the spirit of music in the community and performances by his students.
- Part 3: The making of the 1998 5A State High School Football championship of Bloomington South.
- Part 4: The Indiana University men’s soccer team’s 1998 NCAA soccer title.
- Part 5: The good and bad memories of the African-American community about the history of race relations in Monroe County.