Application for MA
Please apply online. With the exception of the application fee, all materials should be sent directly to the REEI admissions secretary at REEI (to this address). A complete application file consists of the following:
- Graduate School Application for Admission and Financial Aid.
- Statement of Purpose (300-500 words) concerning your interests and aspirations.
- Three letters of recommendation (forms supplied, but not required).
- One official transcript from each college or university previously attended.
- Official copy (sent electronically) of the Graduate Record Examination General Test. (You may submit a photocopy with your application to ensure that your file is completed in time.)
- REEI does NOT require that applicants submit a writing sample or resume/CV. These items MAY be submitted, if an applicant chooses, and there is no required format or minimum or maximum length. There is also is no guarantee that the admissions will read these documents.
- Application fee of $60.00 paid by credit card online.
- January 15, 2019 (domestic applications)
- December 1, 2018 (international applications)
For detailed information, visit the Frequently Asked Questions page.
International students must apply to International Admissions using the International online application. The deadline for international applications is December 1. All supporting materials should be sent to International Admissions, 300 N. Jordan Ave., Bloomington, IN 47405. For more details and application information contact International Admissions at email@example.com or (812) 855-9086.
If the graduate applicant's native language is not English, IU's College of Arts and Sciences (COAS) requires a score of at least 79 on the TOEFL iBT (delivered online). Please note that the paper-based TOEFL ITP exam (sometimes called the institutional TOEFL) offered by the Intensive English Program on the IU Bloomington campus, cannot be used in place of the TOEFL iBT.
Alternatively, an international applicant may submit the result of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) examination in lieu of the TOEFL iBT. COAS requires a score of at least 6.5 on the IELTS for graduate admission.