The competition award supports independent social initiatives which aim to establish or strengthen collaboration between Russians and Americans across the following socially-oriented thematic areas:
- Social Support and Protection of Citizens
- Protection of Flora/Fauna and Promotion of Animal Welfare
- Promotion of Philanthropy and Volunteerism
- Youth Development, Extracurricular, and Alternative Education
- Public Health and Promotion of Healthy Lifestyles
- Preservation of National Identities, Cultures, Languages, and Traditions of Indigenous Peoples
- 7. Social and Cultural Adaptation and Integration of Migrants
- Medical and Social Rehabilitation and/or Social and Economic Reintegration of Persons Engaged in the Illicit Use of Narcotic Drugs or Psychotropic Substances
- Promotion of Economic and Labor Mobility
Selected Independent Professionals establish valuable professional connections and collaborate with experts in their field during their travel to the counterpart country for a period of one to two weeks between August 2016 and March 2017. Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of either the United States or Russia, have at least professional proficiency in both the English and Russian languages, and possess significant professional experience in one or more of SEE’s thematic areas.
Please visit our website for more information and application materials.