Options for Viewing Electronic Class Rosters
You may access electronic rosters for your class(es) using one of the following options:
Visit Oncourse at http://oncourse.iu.edu:
- Click the Login link in the top right corner of the page
- Type your Network ID and Password
- Select a class in the red Worksite tab across the top
- In the Menubar on the left click Roster
In Oncourse you can:
- View class rosters
- Create, distribute, collect, and grade online assignments
- Chat online with participants in your site
- Create, store, and distribute multimedia content to site participants via an RSS feed
- Post announcements and create email distribution lists
The following links provide additional information about Oncourse:
Visit OneStart at http://onestart.iu.edu:
- Log in using your Network ID and Password
- Select the Services tab.
- Click Faculty Systems on the left margin.
- Locate the Instructor Information box and click Go to Faculty Center.
- Click the class roster link (far left column) for the class you wish to view.
Note: To view class rosters for a different term, click the Change Term button and select the desired term.
Note: While viewing the roster, the Enrollment Status dropdown allows you to select three types of rosters: Dropped, Enrolled, or Waiting.
For additional details on viewing rosters, see the following Knowledge Base article: In OneStart, how do I view a class roster?
Unable to see your class roster in OneStart?
If you have both faculty and administrative roles in OneStart and you log into OneStart using your administrative role, you may not be able to access your class roster. You will get a PeopleSoft error message which states that you do not have the required access.
If this happens to you:
- Logout of OneStart and close the browser.
- Open a new browser, and go to the OneStart homepage.
- Uncheck the OTP Token login checkbox and login to OneStart again without using your OTP Token.
- Go directly to the Services tab and select the Faculty Systems link in the sidebar. Locate the Instructor Information channel, and select Class Rosters.
To print the entire roster, click the Print link at the top right of the page. For a more nicely formatted roster, click the Printer Friendly Version button at the bottom of the page before clicking the Print link. You may also select, copy, and paste student data rows into spreadsheet, if you prefer that format.
To save the entire roster as a spreadsheet:
- Click the spreadsheet icon, located on the blue bar to the right of the Find function.
- Save the file to a secure location on your network.
- The first time you open the file, you may be prompted with a message indicating the file is not in a standard format. If this happens, simply click "Yes" to proceed.
- You may now manipulate the spreadsheet as necessary.
Note: Student data rows in the class roster are real-time data.