This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/documents/certification.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
Enrollment and Good Student Certification for Students
Do you need an enrollment certification document to show that you are enrolled full-time to remain on your parents' health insurance? Or a document to prove to your insurance agency that you qualify for a Good Student Discount on your auto rates? You may print your own FREE proof of enrollment and/or good student discount certificates from OneStart. Please note that enrollment certification is not official until the first day of the term.
Indiana University has authorized the National Student Clearinghouse to provide enrollment verification information for its students through a secure web-based Student Self-Service link.
This link is available during regular OneStart service hours. OneStart is unavailable during the following periods: Monday - Saturday, 5:00-6:00 a.m. ET, and Sunday, midnight to 8:00 a.m. ET).
- From OneStart, select Services and Student Self-Service.
- Scroll down the page to the Academics and Information box.
- Click the Enrollment Verification and/or Good Student (3.0 GPA) Verification link for the campus of enrollment for the term(s) for which proof is needed.
- You will be redirected to the National Student Clearinghouse website, where you may click the link for the service of your choice.
- For more detailed help, please see our help sheets:
From this secure website, you will be able to:
- Print enrollment verification certificates to send to health insurers, housing providers or other organizations requiring proof of your enrollment
- If eligible, print a good student discount certificate to send to your insurance agency
- Check the deferment forms and electronic notifications sent to your lenders
- Obtain a list of your student loan lenders
- View your enrollment history
Note: The following types of certificates may not be available via this online system:
- Enrollment information prior to the first week of classes for the desired term
- Enrollment information before Spring 2007 for Bloomington (Fall 2007 for all other campuses)
- Enrollment information for any terms in which a student did not have a valid US social security number on file with the university
- Good student certificate, if you failed to meet the 3.0 GPA requirements
- Anticipated graduation date will display only for students who have reported this information to the Office of the Registrar.
- Documents for students with service holds.
Please note that students will need to print one document for each campus of enrollment.
For enrollment histories prior to 2007 to be produced as an exception, please print the Enrollment Certification request form , complete and sign it, and submit to our office. Verify that the request includes either a valid e-mail address or daytime telephone number, in case additional information is needed. Be sure to sign the request. The enrollment certification document will be produced within two business days.
All certification documents will be mailed to the address provided on the request.
Mail signed request to:
Office of the Registrar
408 N. Union St.
Bloomington, Indiana 47405-3800
Note: Enrollment Certifications will not be issued to students who have outstanding financial obligations, including past due accounts with the Bursar (812) 855-2636, Student Loan Administration (812) 855-4511, Dean of Students/Greek Housing (812) 855-8187, or Student Ethics (812) 855-4463. If you have a past due balance with any of these offices, there will be a "hold" on your record preventing you from being able to obtain your Enrollment Certification.
“Public information,” which includes terms enrolled, full/-half-time status, degrees earned, and address information may be provided without the student’s authorization. According to federal law and IU policy, we must obtain the student’s signature before we can release “private information” such as grades, GPA, good academic standing, and class schedule.