This content is moving to our new Student Central on Union website at http://studentcentral.indiana.edu/register/documents/transcript.shtml. Please update your bookmarks.
What is an Official Transcript?
A transcript is a comprehensive record of a student's academic performance as recorded by the faculty, including courses transferred, special credit, credit by exam, and degrees awarded.
Official transcripts are printed on security paper with the Indiana University seal and signature of the Registrar.
The transcript is formatted to list your entire IU course history, grades, and GPA information in chronological order, sorted by the career level.
The transcript contains the following information:
- the student's name and address
- the student identification number
- a list of all courses taken at any campus of Indiana University, including any courses taken through the IU Independent Study Program
- all credit and grades awarded
- a list of all courses taken at other universities which were accepted for transfer credit (without grades displayed)
- any special credit awarded by Indiana University
- any IU degree awarded to the student along with the degree date
- the student's semester and cumulative grade point averages
If a student attended Indiana University for both undergraduate and graduate work, all courses will appear on the single record. Separate grade point averages will be maintained for work taken as an undergraduate student and as a graduate student. Note that this may result in undergraduate courses being included in a graduate GPA if the student took the courses while enrolled as a graduate student (and vice versa).
Students may request a transcript of only those courses taken at the undergraduate, graduate, or professional (Law, Medicine, Dentistry, Optometry) career level. In these cases, the title of the document will reflect which careers are included.
To receive a copy of your official transcript, your IU account must be free of financial or disciplinary encumbrances. This may include your account with the Office of the Bursar, the Student Loan Administration, the Dean of Students/Greek Housing, or Student Ethics. If you have any unsettled encumbrances with these offices, there will be a "hold" on your record and we will not be able to issue your transcript. If you think you might have an unresolved hold from any IU office and would like a Service Representative to check your status, please call the Office of the Registrar at (812)855-7505. If you have a hold, you must contact the appropriate office to resolve your hold before submitting your transcript request.