Actions Taken in Response to 2003 Survey
We value your survey responses. Each year your judgments
help guide our plans and activities. Projects undertaken in response to the 2003
- Increased the number of technology (smart) classrooms. All general
classrooms have been "smartened." Instructions for equipment use also
provided in each room.
- In the process of upgrading telephones for easier identification of
voice mail messages.
- Improved the consistency of the IUSB web site appearance (prominent
pages have been converted to the template). Removed outdated pages and
corrected broken links. Working closely with departments on their web
- Reduced the time unresolved problems wait in the help desk queue.
- Reorganized IT to concentrate resources in high use/high need areas.
- For full-time faculty and staff, replaced all desktop computers older
than 3 years.
- Appointed a director of communications to facilitate more timely and
frequent updates regarding IT activities.
- Provided help desk and systems staff with Mac-specific training.
- Completed conversion from Novell network O/S to Windows, thus
removing the last obstacle to systematic file sharing and file storage.
- Encouraged staff to attend customer service training.
- Leased a T-1 between Elkhart and Indianapolis to provide redundancy
and increase network speed/reliability.
- Provided access to e-mail Spam filters to reduce the quantity of
- Installed Net Express workstations throughout the campus for quick
access to non-lab computers.
- Installed a wireless network providing nearly 100% campus coverage.
- Appointed a campus security officer to monitor network stability and